Close

Page 199 of 411 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcoreds View Post
    Hello guys,

I'm having a problem with the printer, it seems the stepped motor cable for the X Axis is not working anymore, and I have to substitute that.

To do that, I have to remove some nuts. Point is, 5mm hex keys do not fit (the nut is bigger), and 6mm hex keys is tto wide.

Does any of you know the size of these nuts? Are the fraction-of-inches nuts?

That you in advance!
    3mm nuts require a 5.5mm wrench and 7/32in SAE will work in a pinch.

Senior Engineer
    They are normally M3 thread and that makes the nuts 5.5 mm across flats.

Thank you a lot,

the hardware store did not have the 5.5mm, ordered it on Amazon.

Thanks a lot again!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcoreds View Post
    Thank you a lot,

the hardware store did not have the 5.5mm, ordered it on Amazon.

Thanks a lot again!
    Yeah, I have a whole set I purchased at SEARS that was 10 wrenches metric and what a fiasco as the store was supposed to have it but didn't even have a shelf tag so I had to have them sent in. Was super cheap and is normally used to set the points on foreign cars like Audis (well foreign to the USA).

Engineer-in-Training
    I'm so jealous of people in metric only countrys.
    Would love to only have to worry about keeping one set of tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Preach it.

The thing is this country is officially on the metric system with Obama's first term in office BUT as he signed it into law they were removing the last Kph road signs from this country. We will never be a metric country within our lifetimes.

All countries except Burma (Myanmar), Liberia, and the United States of America have officially adopted the metric system, although Liberia has seen some introduction of metric units, and in 2013 Burma formally announced the beginning of its metrication program. The metric system has been largely adopted in the United Kingdom, Canada and Ireland, without having fully displaced the imperial units from all areas of life. In other Anglophone countries such as Australia and New Zealand, imperial units have been formally deprecated and are no longer officially sanctioned for use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_opposition

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    The UK went through it 30 years ago. I too have a full set of imperial tools that rarely leave the tool box now and that would be OK but the metric system truly sucks particularly when it comes to maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    The UK went through it 30 years ago. I too have a full set of imperial tools that rarely leave the tool box now and that would be OK but the metric system truly sucks particularly when it comes to maths.
    How does the metric system suck for math? It is based on 10 and we have 10 fingers and 10 toes unlike the imperial system which is based on voodoo.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    How does the metric system suck for math? It is based on 10 and we have 10 fingers and 10 toes unlike the imperial system which is based on voodoo.
    Because 10 is a really poor choice for any calculations. 12 is best (pennies and shillings) 16 is probably next best (lb / oz) 20 is OK, 2 is good but difficult for humans unless you do a seriously large amount.

Historically we use 10 because of the finger thing but it is not good at all.

The Mayans used 60 I think (probably my faulty memory there) and there is some tribe or other that uses each knuckle of the finger to count in base 12 somehow.

Either road up the metric system sucks and on top of that the French invented it so it can't be any good for that reason alone.

Engineer
    Anyone have a nozzle leveling tool for the QIDI? Had my first extruder jam and realized it will be fun to get the two nozzles aligned if/when I need to do so.

Page 199 of 411 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast