Close

Page 253 of 411 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
    Yes, it is the fill pass during which the tool head spazzes out. Did you try running the gcode file that i attached on your Qidi? Feel free to manually edit the temperatures to meet the rquirements of your filament. I would love to know whether or not my gcode, converted to x3g, causes a similar behavior for you.
    Downloaded the GCode. Read it into S3D and stepping through the graphical preview single line by single line while viewing the speed, I may see what's causing your problem. The CW and CCW outlines are a single segment/side drawn at ~18mm/s with a few short movements within the turnaround corner at ~104mm/s, This is followed by the fill pass which is a straight line (not jaggies) consisting of ~32 (rather than a single) segments/side executed at ~104mm/s, followed by a movement to the adjacent corner at 233mm/s, some fill in that corner at 39mm/s, another short movement within that corner at 233mm/s. At this point the process repeats.

Unfortunately I've no idea what massaging/interpretation S3D may have done to your GCode wrt speed, or anything else. That said, the output I was previewing did NOT look like anything S3D has produced to date, so maybe it is representative of the actual GCode content. I have not tried printing your file.

If S3D's preview function might be helpful to you in understanding this problem, I believe they have a 14 day refund period.

Technician
    Thank you for walking through my gcode. This should all be fine if the sailfish acceleration planner accelerated all these moves... For some reason it isnt, and instead the tool head is executing infinite acceleration between all these moves!

Technician
    When you get the chance could you please use GPX or replicator g (not S3D) to convert the gcode to X3G and let me know if your machine acts the same way?

Engineer
    When you get the chance could you please use GPX or replicator g (not S3D) to convert the gcode to X3G and let me know if your machine acts the same way?
    I do not think S3D has a function for converting GCode that they expose to the outside user. So it does not provide me that option. I do notice that they appear to be using GPX as I see a pop up "running GPX plug in" message when it performs the conversion. I downloaded GPX some time ago but have not used it. I will see what I can do.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I do not think S3D has a function for converting GCode that they expose to the outside user. So it does not provide me that option. I do notice that they appear to be using GPX as I see a pop up "running GPX plug in" message when it performs the conversion. I downloaded GPX some time ago but have not used it. I will see what I can do.
    S3D does use the same standard GPX plugin. You can upgrade it when new versions of GPX comes out by just replacing the GPX exe in the S3D folder.

Technician
    Hey guys, just had the opportunity to run the same gcode I presented to you on our Makerbot Replicator 2X at work. I had exactly the same result... acceleration is ignored for Cura 2.1.2 gap fill technique! I have isolated this to a Cura 2 problem. Time to vent to Ultimaker and try a new slicer. Thanks!!

Super Moderator
    Hey guys, just had the opportunity to run the same gcode I presented to you on our Makerbot Replicator 2X at work. I had exactly the same result... acceleration is ignored for Cura 2.1.2 gap fill technique! I have isolated this to a Cura 2 problem. Time to vent to Ultimaker and try a new slicer. Thanks!!

Great research and updates. Thanks for all the info.

Super Moderator
    Anyone looked into auto bed leveling for the QIDI? Or maybe something better than the paper approach?!

How about using a dial indicator? Just starting to read up on this. Seems this might be good if you can get it indexed ok.
    Last edited by wirlybird; 07-27-2016 at 05:16 PM.

Engineer
    Converted GCode to X3G with GPX and your .ini file as well. Printed on my QiDi w/ ABS in R side. Very similar behavior to that in your video. Axis shift included in the print.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Converted GCode to X3G with GPX and your .ini file as well. Printed on my QiDi w/ ABS in R side. Very similar behavior to that in your video. Axis shift included in the print.
    Thanks! Just like our Makerbot 2X at work! Definitely a Cura issues that Sailfish cannot "translate". Time to move on to another slicer. At this point I have tried them all, and every single one of them has one or more issues. I think it *might* be time for S3D.

Page 253 of 411 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast