Close

Page 233 of 411 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Yea the test cubes show a subtle difference and more to illustrate how the outer surface changes when internal parts change.

I did another test last night and I think the only big change was dropping the extruder temp to 220 and bed to 100. I was doing the bed at 110 and then down to 100. The part came out pretty good but then I realized I didn't have support turned on. Running another today with support to see what happens.
    Not sure if I missed it, but is this not warping? It's an abs print? The larger the print the more pronounced the warping can be.

Engineer
    I just got my PLA order from Makergeeks. All of the rolls say the temp is 230c Is this right? Seems I was using 200c for the QIDI supplied PLA. Thoughts??!!
    W, I've just been doing some actual prints with the MG Crystal Red filament. On my setup it seems to behave best at 230C. 210C is not much fun. Not sure if it is as critical, but I've been using a build plate profile that ramps down from 75C to 60C by 5C/layer, then stays at 60C.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    W, I've just been doing some actual prints with the MG Crystal Red filament. On my setup it seems to behave best at 230C. 210C is not much fun. Not sure if it is as critical, but I've been using a build plate profile that ramps down from 75C to 60C by 5C/layer, then stays at 60C.
    I am doing the exact same thing with the PLA in general for the build plate. Seems to work well.

I ran some of the new from MG PLA non-Crystal last night at 220 and got a little bit of stringing. I think the retract settings are not to bad. Retraction distance 1.6, vertical lift .2, retraction speed 2800 I think. I am not sure on a larger piece if I should adjust the temp of the extruder.

I haven't tried the Crystal yet and am going to wait until I get the dry boxes built.

Super Moderator
    Had to re-run the customizer but now have parts that look right. I have to start building a dry box. Debating on how to support the rolls so as to have the least amount of friction on them. I am thinking on a bearing system that the rolls sit on.
    I printed this out and it fits fine. The problem is I don't have enough tread on the spool holders to add the spacers and still put the end piece on. Did you get it to fit?

Super Moderator
    Recommendations.

Replacement nozzles - just get the ones on eBay from QIDI? Not having any issues so far with mine but wondered what is a good replacement when the time comes.

Stepper drivers. Same thing, just get the ones from QIDI on eBay?

Any other hardware upgrades changes recommended?

Engineer-in-Training
    Recommendations.

Replacement nozzles - just get the ones on eBay from QIDI? Not having any issues so far with mine but wondered what is a good replacement when the time comes.

Stepper drivers. Same thing, just get the ones from QIDI on eBay?

Any other hardware upgrades changes recommended?
    I have yet to find a better place to get nozzles, PTFE tubes, or stepper driver than Qidi's e-bay postings.
    I would strongly suggest making a wire-chain for the wire grouping that runs to the X gantry (these are tucked in the top of right side of machine stock).
    Other than that any upgrades are really personal pref and what type of materials ya wanna print.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    I use these on my Printer.
    There more expensive but also more wear resistant.
    https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Swiss-H...ds=micro+swiss

I also spotted these don't know how good they are.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GG1F006...=IIWO4Y3EX1I54

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I have yet to find a better place to get nozzles, PTFE tubes, or stepper driver than Qidi's e-bay postings.
    I would strongly suggest making a wire-chain for the wire grouping that runs to the X gantry (these are tucked in the top of right side of machine stock).
    Other than that any upgrades are really personal pref and what type of materials ya wanna print.
    Ok, was there a wire-chain you found better than another out there or is it just pick on and go!

I just got my Qidi printer and I am having issues with it printing much smaller on the X and Y axes, and slightly larger in the Z(not as big of an issue for my needs).

I went ahead and printed my model that is a product I am going to be selling. I have a finished one I had printed at school with the proper dimensions and I could immediately see mine was much smaller. It came out about 10mm short on X (170mm model, ~160mm printed). On the Y it was about 3mm short (57mm model, ~54mm printed). Didn't bother to compare the Z in this case.

After doing two, 20mm cubes I have the following measurements.

Cube 1)
    X - 18.76mm
    Y - 18.71mm
    Z - 20.31mm

Cube 2)
    X - 18.71mm
    Y - 18.64mm
    Z - 20.44mm

I've tried Googling my scenario and can't come up with any solid way to fix the issue I'm having, or quite frankly really found anyone having an issue identical to mine. I assume some sort of calibration is needed, but have no clue where to begin with that.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I would suggest printing some 40mm fan guards, it may save the fan blades.

Are there reasons to buy the PTFE tubes from QiDi rather than just getting a length of tubing and cutting your own?
    Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HGNWXU8

Page 233 of 411 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast