Close

Page 162 of 411 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 4110
    I just got my printer and I'm happy to report I also got the 10mm Z axis rods. Ordered via alibabba direct and arrived in Canada quickly. I chose to deliver from China to ensure I got the latest. It looks great and I'm impressed my first ever 3D prints using the included PLA came out quite clean! I started with the filament support bracket for the back of the printer and was surprised it worked so well. I used a nozzle temp of 195C and bed temp of 60C on blue painters tape.

Interested in the vref adjustments: do you just set them once and they are remembered by the printer? I'm using Simplify3D so don't know if it can be done from that. If I use RepG is it able to just set the parameter in the printer's nonvolatile RAM then I use Simplify3D and SD card to print future files?
    Last edited by SteveW25561; 05-19-2016 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW25561 View Post
    I just got my printer and I'm happy to report I also got the 10mm Z axis rods. Ordered via alibabba direct and arrived in Canada quickly. I chose to deliver from China to ensure I got the latest. It looks great and I'm impressed my first ever 3D prints using the included PLA came out quite clean! I started with the filament support bracket for the back of the printer and was surprised it worked so well. I used a nozzle temp of 195C and bed temp of 60C on blue painters tape.

Interested in the vref adjustments: do you just set them once and they are remembered by the printer? I'm using Simplify3D so don't know if it can be done from that. If I use RepG is it able to just set the parameter in the printer's nonvolatile RAM then I use Simplify3D and SD card to print future files?
    In RepG set them from there and it is always set and RepG will only save the items that have changed from the read firmware settings. You have to talk (connect) to the machine so it can save these things, and read them, to/from the machine.

Mine came with 10mm z axis rods. I got mine off Amazon. I ordered it May 13 and it arrived May 16. It shipped from Arizona.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    That 10mm upgrade for sale looks nice, it may do better for vibration dampening as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcoreds View Post
    Hey, I got them from here:
    http://www.printablescenery.com/
    They're not free.
    if anybody is interested in the theme, I suggest you click on the indiegogo banner at the top of that page, they're offering a big bundle there containing mostly everything they did until now.
    Thanks for the link, it's a little pricey if you can't sell the models that you print with the kit. The pieces are really cool though, and I can see they put a lot of effort into the details.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcoreds View Post
    Hey, I got them from here:
    http://www.printablescenery.com/
    They're not free.
    if anybody is interested in the theme, I suggest you click on the indiegogo banner at the top of that page, they're offering a big bundle there containing mostly everything they did until now.
    Do not give these price-gougers any money....

The models are nice..that is true. But considering how much stuff like this is on the net...and many of it OS or CCA and free.

This site is selling the MODELS only...you still need to print and paint. After you total EVERYTHING your looking at $30+ per individual piece to produce. And from what I can see these are not for commercial use.

These people are a little full of themselfs imo....

If you want to print this stuff hit up Thingiverse.com, TurboSquid.com, or any of the other popular 3d model repositirys. There is a TON of stuff just like this out there..for free and much cheap....of the same quality.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    As I said not cheap and anyone within 30 days of purchasing can get them for free or get your money back.
    Who told you that they would provide an upgrade (or refund) if you bought within the last 30 days? The reason I am asking, is that is not the response I am currently getting from them.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHs1 View Post
    Who told you that they would provide an upgrade (or refund) if you bought within the last 30 days? The reason I am asking, is that is not the response I am currently getting from them.
    If you purchased on eBay then you can shove their listing up their rear ends and start a dispute with eBay because their listing said the latest and it obviously was not the latest.

eBay will stand by you and if you purchased it from any other place then you are on your own depending on their policies. If you didn't get the "REALLY" current version on eBay is what I am talking about.

Since the listing said it was in the eBay listing they have to live by it and if they try and lie you can tell them you know for a fact that people who purchased within the last 2.5 weeks, at least, were getting them with the 10mm installed thanks to this thread. Worst case you get eBay to step in telling them everything I just told you and the others in this thread that received the really current version before the listing, and when you purchased, was posted and yours was not the latest.

Qidi already has at least one strike against them at eBay and eBay said there is 30 days they will back you and the clock starts the moment you received it.

Good luck.

Hello suds, Under ReplicatorG’s “Machine” menu select the “OnboardPreferences” item. In the resulting window, select the “Homing/VREF”tab? Change the values andthen press the “Commit” button. Note, it may take 10 to 15 seconds to update. Also the exact valuesyou entered may not be precisely what is saved: the printerconverts the values to units of stepper motor steps. Whenconverted back again to units of millimeters for display inReplicatorG, the values will be slightly different. This is normal.

For anyone with the 10mm Z rod version here's a link to some support braces I chucked together in Tinkercad.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1577003

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger36330 View Post
    Hello suds, Under ReplicatorG’s “Machine” menu select the “OnboardPreferences” item. In the resulting window, select the “Homing/VREF”tab? Change the values andthen press the “Commit” button. Note, it may take 10 to 15 seconds to update. Also the exact valuesyou entered may not be precisely what is saved: the printerconverts the values to units of stepper motor steps. Whenconverted back again to units of millimeters for display inReplicatorG, the values will be slightly different. This is normal.
    It's easier to set your VREfs in the S3D startup script anyway.

Page 162 of 411 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast