Close

Page 133 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by JimHs1 View Post
    Ok, I have read this whole thread and have decided to purchase a Qidi Tech. It is to be delivered next Monday. My first question is why all of the current Qidi owners and posters on this thread haven't moved discussions to the Qidi group?
    Welcome. Hope you enjoy your Qidi as much as we do.

Hang on, what Qidi Group? There is another thread on the Qidi here?

After making some tremendous mistakes, I now can disassemble the print head in my sleep and have some replacement nozzles on the way, I have got my printer dialed in again and can print reasonably.

Moving forwards I have a few questions if someone would be kind enough;

• My ABS prints are sticking too firmly on the print bed (have torn the blue sticker removing them). How to get good adhesion but also enable post print removal without serious effort ?.
    • How is the QiDi with printing soft / flex materials (ninjaflex). Does it cope well or would an upgraded extruder and possibly an all metal hotend make a big difference ?.
    • The Magnetic build plates / bed looks good but it appears not to be heated. Is this right and if so has anyone built a heated one for the QiDi or do people prefer the glass plate on the current bed ?.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by RimBlock; 05-04-2016 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RimBlock View Post
    After making some tremendous mistakes, I now can disassemble the print head in my sleep and have some replacement nozzles on the way, I have got my printer dialed in again and can print reasonably.

Moving forwards I have a few questions if someone would be kind enough;

• My ABS prints are sticking too firmly on the print bed (have torn the blue sticker removing them). How to get good adhesion but also enable post print removal without serious effort ?.
    • How is the QiDi with printing soft / flex materials (ninjaflex). Does it cope well or would an upgraded extruder and possibly an all metal hotend make a big difference ?.
    • The Magbuild bed looks good but it appears not to be heated. Is this right and if so has anyone built a heated one for the QiDi or do people prefer the glass plate on the current bed ?.

Many thanks.
    I think you mean Maghold platform, you just need to move the heated bed PCB from the stock bed to the maghold bed. (Requires unscrewing a few nuts)
    For your ABS prints sticking too well, you can try buildtak bed surfaces. They pop off very easily after printing. I like them so much that I bought a few more pieces from Amazon. Or you can use glass on your headed bed with hairspray, that should work as well. I prefer buildtak as it is a hassle-free solution, at least for me.
    Last edited by kaznad; 05-04-2016 at 03:16 AM.

i have a dead printer on my hands.

The think woz printing along fine and then just stopped and the screen woz blank.
    all the lights and fans are still running but nothing els will work.
    I turned it off and bak on and there is no start up tone and the screen is blank.

I have sent and email off to emily with a video of what it is doing so lets hope they have a solution

Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    i have a dead printer on my hands.

The think woz printing along fine and then just stopped and the screen woz blank.
    all the lights and fans are still running but nothing els will work.
    I turned it off and bak on and there is no start up tone and the screen is blank.

I have sent and email off to emily with a video of what it is doing so lets hope they have a solution
    Ok probloem sorted.
    They are saying its a problem with the main board or the lcd screen so there sending me a new main board and a new screen.
    Thats the best i could hope for so i am happy.

The only thing is emily has asked me to send back the old board so they can test it to see what the problem woz.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    Ok probloem sorted.
    They are saying its a problem with the main board or the lcd screen so there sending me a new main board and a new screen.
    Thats the best i could hope for so i am happy.

The only thing is emily has asked me to send back the old board so they can test it to see what the problem woz.
    At their cost or yours? I can only imagine what it would cost to send to China.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    At their cost or yours? I can only imagine what it would cost to send to China.
    At their cost i would think postage from australia to china would be a bit costley

Thanks to your helpful suggestions, I decided to go with the QIDI. Mine is being delivered today :-)
    Since this is my very first experience with a 3D printer I'm not exactly sure where to start. I plan on getting it out of the box, following the setup instructions and, well, then what? Yes, I have a number of things from thingiverse that I want to print, but my question is more immediate. Once its setup, what are the "before you do anything else, do the following...", or "for you first couple of prints try this...". Should I start with ABS or PLA for the first couple? Does it really matter? I jumped the gun and purchased Simplify 3D if that helps.

I know the questions are probably obvious to anyone but me, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

As an aside, I've put in a request to the forum managers / moderators to create a sub-folder / forum just for the QIDI Tech 1. Hopefully it will get approved. I thought it would be more useful than a single thread.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by talasyn View Post
    As an aside, I've put in a request to the forum managers / moderators to create a sub-folder / forum just for the QIDI Tech 1. Hopefully it will get approved. I thought it would be more useful than a single thread.
    I did this too and their response was this:

We normally charge a month fee for folders like this, however if you'd be willing to place a promenant link on your main website stating that it is your official forum I would be willing to set this up for you.
    So basically somebody has to pay for it or Qidi needs to link to it from their website.

Page 133 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast