Close

Page 334 of 411 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 4110
    Thanks I appreciate it. I never seem to have the type when I need them. This will help me get stocked up.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Talon:
    Here are some places I have purchased hardware from:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014OO5KQG Hilitchi 420pcs M2 M3 Stainless Steel Hex Socket Head Cap Screws Nuts Assortment Kit with Box
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GZX9T2U Raogoodcx® 180pcs M4 Stainless Steel Hex Socket Head Cap Screws Nuts Assortment Kit
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F33UIJ2 Steel Pan Head Machine Screw, Black Oxide Finish, #2 Phillips Drive, M4-0.7 Thread Size, 10 mm Length, Fully Threaded, Import (Pack of 100)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0069TW6DU Tekz 45250 Metric Nut and Bolt Assortment - 475 Piece

Assorted M3 and M4 hardware from http://stores.ebay.com/afhfasteners/ (Make sure you read the quantity descriptions)
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Thought i would have a go at printing my self an Ipad pro stand so i got one of thingyverse and had to cut it in 2 so i cold fit it on the print bed
    Its printed in ABS at 230 with bed at 110 it started to delaminate but i just let it finish printing.
    I am thinking the print chamber was to cold.
    I decided to have a go at vaper smoothing so i looked at a few video's and here are the results

[URL=http://s76.photobucket.com/user/wazza35/media/Photo%2025-9-16%2011%2053%2055%20am_zpsz3hn7e4l.jpg.html][/URL

not very happy but you get that and it's only for me

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    That stinks. What color and type? Was it a replacement for a bad roll of the same material?
    It is ABS and they call it Navy blue but it looks gray-blue but not navy for sure. It was a new roll not replacement.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    I need to get my cable chain printed and built. Every time I see yours I think it looks bad ass. How many links did it need?
    You can use between 14-16 pieces for the cable chain, maybe less. It takes a decent amount of time to print in one shot at a good resolution but it's worth it to have the bumps come out near perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post

Thought i would have a go at printing my self an Ipad pro stand so i got one of thingyverse and had to cut it in 2 so i cold fit it on the print bed
    Its printed in ABS at 230 with bed at 110 it started to delaminate but i just let it finish printing.
    I decided to have a go at vaper smoothing so i looked at a few video's and here are the results

IMAGES

Wow, that item looks like it cracked really bad but the smoothing definitely helped out. Was cooling used with the print?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    You can use between 14-16 pieces for the cable chain, maybe less. It takes a decent amount of time to print in one shot at a good resolution but it's worth it to have the bumps come out near perfect.

Wow, that item looks like it cracked really bad but the smoothing definitely helped out. Was cooling used with the print?

What orientation did you print the part for the stepper? I have been messing with that to figure the best way to get a great part.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Those cracks are inevitable with ABS. Try running extruder a little hotter like 240, it helps layer adhesion.

Yes you are right the chamber is too cold, but running it at the right temp with this printer design isn't so good on the steppers.

Get yourself a cheap 3d pen. Esun makes one for about 30 bucks. Load up the same filament and inject plastic in the cracks before smoothing.

Splitting the model in half and printing in 2 pieces might help. Heck it split right down the middle anyway lol so might as well just plan for that then glue together.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post

Technician
    So, this might be a blazingly obvious question, but how do I choose which extruder gets used on which piece?

To my mind, what I have selected here should do the left extruder. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Am I missing something obvious here? Capture.jpg

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Most printing is done on the right extruder. Really, the left can be removed if you want. You will find in time you won't use both extruders at the same time very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    So, this might be a blazingly obvious question, but how do I choose which extruder gets used on which piece?

To my mind, what I have selected here should do the left extruder. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Am I missing something obvious here? Capture.jpg

Technician
    Well, that was just a sample. I normally use the right, and at that exact moment I was trying to juggle between ABS and PLA (and am now having headaches).

Is what I'm showing there what you'd expect for trying to print from the left?

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    What orientation did you print the part for the stepper? I have been messing with that to figure the best way to get a great part.
    I print it like it sits on the motor, with the base on the build plate. I found that different filament prints it either better or worse (by brand) but it always works in my testing even for the colors that don't print the stepper piece/chain pieces cleanly. I have some markings on the underside where the support was, but it's still pretty clean even with that and it can be sanded if you want.

Page 334 of 411 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384 ... LastLast