Close

Page 118 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    This is what it looks like printed and installed. This is with the gear that comes with the Qidi, but if I ran ninja flex i would swap out to a the other style gear that has teeth running the length front to back.

Attachment 9266
    I have been interested on the upgrade you have on your site but I am not sure how it all goes together, and how the quick release is used, etc. And you haven't added a working link for the installation of it yet.

Any chance of a document, as well as maybe a video of the features and the install?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
    I have been interested on the upgrade you have on your site but I am not sure how it all goes together, and how the quick release is used, etc. And you haven't added a working link for the installation of it yet.

Any chance of a document, as well as maybe a video of the features and the install?
    Haha ya, I actually have half a video that I did with the Qidi. It stops when I realize Qidi used a larger thermal tube in the extruder and it (at the moment) won't fit in my extruder bar. A few cuss words at that point are heard in the video. lol

I need to try and ream the holes bigger and see if there is enough meat there in the front of the bar to not break.

The quick release are just push to connect fittings. You just push the tube in and it fastens. To release you push down the plastic ring and the tube will slide out.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Haha ya, I actually have half a video that I did with the Qidi. It stops when I realize Qidi used a larger thermal tube in the extruder and it (at the moment) won't fit in my extruder bar. A few cuss words at that point are heard in the video. lol

I need to try and ream the holes bigger and see if there is enough meat there in the front of the bar to not break.

The quick release are just push to connect fittings. You just push the tube in and it fastens. To release you push down the plastic ring and the tube will slide out.
    What about if we switch out to the all metal hotend of the Swiss style? lola

And I meant the Quickly release and move the hot end up and down part.

Hopefully you can get it to work with the QIDI as I am a buyer for sure.

Super Moderator
    If you use MicroSwiss MK10 conversions they will fit. I have a supply of MicroSwiss Conversions, and a custom hot block that I designed specifically for the MicroSwiss. However if you use the Qidi thermocouples I have to know that so I can modify the hot block to fit the QIDI thermocouple. It uses bigger threads.

The hot ends clamp from the sides so once released you can move them without jamming a set screw into the side of the thermal barrier.

If you are using Microswiss conversions in a QIDI bar you aren't getting the proper amount of heat transfer. Thermal compound isn't a gap filler, it only works in a very thin coating. Metal to metal contact is the only way to transfer heat properly.

I wish there was a nicer way to level the entire carriage. Someone should make a carriage that has thumb screws to adjust the height up and down.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
    I wish there was a nicer way to level the entire carriage. Someone should make a carriage that has thumb screws to adjust the height up and down.
    Ya, it is a space thing. These clamped mounts are the best way to go about it in the space there is on the original design.

The actuality is, I rarely even have 2 extruders mounted. I take advantage of the weight reduction with one stepper and extruder removed.

Not sure whats going on with my Qidi, out of the blue half my prints are are shifting...

Bed re-leveled , printing 30mm/s

Running out of ideas here, any suggestions?

can someone give me an email address for qidi support?
    thx
    john

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by TK4426 View Post
    Not sure whats going on with my Qidi, out of the blue half my prints are are shifting...

Bed re-leveled , printing 30mm/s

Running out of ideas here, any suggestions?
    If what you are experiencing is a true shift on half of your prints, I would suspect a tooth in the belt has worn or broken - it would be visible. I'd recommend to check the belts first and to diagnose which axis is shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by jgapril View Post
    can someone give me an email address for qidi support?
    thx
    john
    Emily@qd3dprinter.com

Page 118 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast