Close

Page 362 of 411 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 4110
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Anyone using MG raptor filament? What are the temps?
    230c(ish) for nozzle
    75 then drop to 60 for HBP.
    Wanna slow it down like ya normally would with PLA....2400-2600mm/min or so is good for most stuff.

Engineer-in-Training
    HELP!!!!

I am trying to print this:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:831200

I have got all the parts but 1 printed. The one part I can not get done is 'LH_Green_Cape_body3'.
    When sliced in S3D it is missing s big section of the model, making unprintable. Prior to slicing it looks as it should on the plate.

Here how it looks preslice:

Here is it sliced:

I can see NO errors in the model. Have even loaded it into Blender and confirmed its 100% manifold and all normals are facing the right way.
    Any ideas??
    Last edited by Syd_Khaos; 10-20-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    HELP!!!!

I have got all the parts but 1 printed. The one part I can not get done is 'LH_Green_Cape_body3'.
    When sliced in S3D it is missing s big section of the model, making unprintable. Prior to slicing it looks as it should on the plate.

Here is it sliced:

I can see NO errors in the model. Have even loaded it into Blender and confirmed its 100% manifold and all normals are facing the right way.
    Any ideas??
    Way cool. Coming from New England I love lighthouses. I'll check your part later when I get home.

Engineer
    HELP!!!!

Here is it sliced:

Any ideas??

That's pretty odd Syd. I don't see why it ignores the center anulus and turns it into a support structure only. i tried exporting it thru some other SW and back into S3D with the same results.
    Last edited by DaveB; 10-21-2016 at 11:20 AM.

Super Moderator
    HELP!!!!

Here is it sliced:

Any ideas??

You need to run all of the parts through a fixer. This one in particular is a mess. It looks fine once I fixed it.

Engineer-in-Training
    You need to run all of the parts through a fixer. This one in particular is a mess. It looks fine once I fixed it.
    All of the other parts printed just fine.
    What you using for a fixer?

Super Moderator
    Installed the mount I made to adapt a 1.25" pipe to a 2.25' pipe. This holds my weather station. Simple design but it allows me to level the small pipe in North-South and East-West directions.
    You want to see something bad? Look at the bottom brackets - the black one is ABS that came with the Flashforge creator pro and the grayish is Makergeeks black ABS brand new roll. Second roll like this and they are non responsive.

[IMG][/IMG]

Super Moderator
    All of the other parts printed just fine.
    What you using for a fixer?

https://makeprintable.com/

Engineer-in-Training
    They have REALLY improved this site since my last visit.

Last time I was on there tried a few models, and none of them came out good. Infact 2 of the 4 I tried came out worse than when they went in. The main issue was huge amounts of artifacting, even on simple model.

Got that part repaired and it printed ok. Now the fun starts...clean up and prep for paint!

Quote Originally Posted by JSensebe View Post
    I would try Slic3r if you're not willing to spend that cash for Simplify. It's a little rough to set up, but I can share my profile, which will get you much of the way there.
    Hello, I am looking to use slic3r as well, RepG is dated, and MakerWare seems to not allow a lot of changes for the first layer only. If you could share how you set it up, that would be amazing! Thank you.

Kelly

Page 362 of 411 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372 ... LastLast