Close

Page 376 of 411 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 4110
    I just wanted to share,
    I am printing a BRAQ dragon from thingiverse and it has been awesome.
    surface finish couldn't be better at .2 resolution.
    is .2 better than ,1 or am I just guessing?
    PLA 207 bed at 60 and this thing just makes flawless surfaces.
    Some of the prints are 5 hours long and comments said trouble with some prints.
    I'm using S3D and have had no issues

That is great. Post some pics.
    The QIDI is a really nice printer that is for sure. I am enjoying mine. Glad to see others doing so as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HTEC1 View Post
    I just wanted to share,
    I am printing a BRAQ dragon from thingiverse and it has been awesome.
    surface finish couldn't be better at .2 resolution.
    is .2 better than ,1 or am I just guessing?
    PLA 207 bed at 60 and this thing just makes flawless surfaces.
    Some of the prints are 5 hours long and comments said trouble with some prints.
    I'm using S3D and have had no issues
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Super Moderator
    I use the NinjaFlex and SemiFlex but they are very expensive. I got some Hatchbox TPU and got it working pretty good. It did come in an open bag however and labels changed on the box but they said they are a legit Hatchbox dealer (got it on Amazon).
    Don't know if I believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    Did you end up printing anything with the Semiflex, TPU etc??
    Now that I am getting reorganized I am going to start printing more.

Super Moderator
    Another order of Hatchbox from newegg.com. Great prices and free ship. Not as fast as Amazon but reliable. Amazon has to may bogus sellers of hatchbox.

Engineer
    I've recently been using the MG Raptor PLA material. It is advertised as high-strength and FDA/food/dishwasher safe. My experience so far is extremely positive. It prints very well and allows me to achieve the high detail I typically get with PLA. It has the buttery consistency of ABS as it prints. It adheres well to itself and the bed (gluestick on glass). It has much of the flexibility of ABS, possibly even more. It is unfortunately rather pricey, about a $15 premium per roll.

I do wish that MG was better about documenting this material's formulation and characteristics with spec categories that are comparable to those presented for their standard PLA and ABS etc. Each material seems to be presented with its own unique selection of specs rather than showing the same spec categories for all. I'm not saying I would instantly understand the majority of the categories, but I'd have a heck of a better shot at it.

Super Moderator
    I looked at MG flexible. Expensive. For the cost I would go with the ninja brand from the guys who make the Flexion. Tried the Hatchbox TPU Nice alternative and good price. Prints pretty good.
    Also am using some PTEG. It is interesting and prints pretty good. Nice alternative to ABS.

I also wish MG could document stuff. They have no temp ranges (everything is 230) or advice on any of their stuff. They talk a bunch on making filaments but no real advice or guides.

Good you are having luck because my experience went to crap and still no communication from them. Really poor. I am tempted to drive over to their place and confront them in person! It's not that far.

Super Moderator
    You might check out PETG, I think I got eSun on recommendation. Like ABS but behaves more like PLA. I think cost was reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I've recently been using the MG Raptor PLA material. It is advertised as high-strength and FDA/food/dishwasher safe. My experience so far is extremely positive. It prints very well and allows me to achieve the high detail I typically get with PLA. It has the buttery consistency of ABS as it prints. It adheres well to itself and the bed (gluestick on glass). It has much of the flexibility of ABS, possibly even more. It is unfortunately rather pricey, about a $15 premium per roll.

I do wish that MG was better about documenting this material's formulation and characteristics with spec categories that are comparable to those presented for their standard PLA and ABS etc. Each material seems to be presented with its own unique selection of specs rather than showing the same spec categories for all. I'm not saying I would instantly understand the majority of the categories, but I'd have a heck of a better shot at it.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    You might check out PETG, I think I got eSun on recommendation. Like ABS but behaves more like PLA. I think cost was reasonable.
    Hi W! I've not tried PETG yet. For some reason MG sent me a free roll of it. (I think in may have been an error on their part? They said to keep it when I asked why.) I have seen PETG prints several times, but have not yet taken the time to check it out. It looks to have excellent adherence, and great flexibility. I think it would do exceptionally well printing objects in vase mode.

I think you should definitely pay them a visit if they are so close to your home. It would be a useful experience, an excellent contact for future filaments, and might get you some fully functional replacement rolls too. Plus it would be a wonderful story to tell on this forum. Take pix!

Engineer
    So weird how it gets quiet on here. Sometimes several days.

I've been printing with PETG for a little while... using filament from eSun. It's no magic bullet. It's better than ABS in many ways, except that it's sticky and takes a while to cool which hampers many of it's positive attributes. I've really needed to work hard on the settings to get it to print well. The MicroSwiss all metal hotend has helped. I don't have to print so hot/slow... the new hotend seems to keep up better at the lower temp which means I can actually bridge something. It's strong and has some give. A decent material.

I'm now going to chuck a roll of eSuns ABS+ on. It's supposed to be like ABS but with less shrink/warp. I hope so... that's the only thing about ABS that really bothers me.

Page 376 of 411 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast