Close

Page 125 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    They are not the best solution but many people have had good success with them so I believe your statement of "you might as well not even try them" is in error.
    For me I wouldn't as I run 110c-115c bed temps all of the time. Now if someone is only doing PLA/PET and prints these in ABS then rock on.

edit: Last few minutes and someone outbid me. Doesn't matter Emily told me what they would accept as a minimum so I just made an offer with that minimum and a note letting them know what Emily said to me.
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 04-26-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    For me I wouldn't as I run 110c-115c bed temps all of the time. Now if someone is only doing PLA/PET and prints these in ABS then rock on.
    I've used the ABS clips on 110C bed temperature and it works. Eventually they probably will need to be replaced, but it is easy to print extras. I don't like them and have found a better solution, but I wouldn't flat out say that it isn't worth trying because it does work.

I've used the ABS clips on 110C bed temperature and it works. Eventually they probably will need to be replaced, but it is easy to print extras. I don't like them and have found a better solution, but I wouldn't flat out say that it isn't worth trying because it does work.
    Of course they work unless someone had a bed up around 220c, heheheh.

What I meant to infer is that it is a bit of a hassle as I have seen a lot of people over a few forums asking why they worked and in a print or two would no longer grip the glass. Of course the answer is that it got soft when the bed was heated up and on a printer with a movable Y (like a Prusa I3 for instance) the clips will deform even more as the bed will jerk back and forth which deforms the soft/softer hole and the glass will move helping to deform them even more.

The above is why I went to four Gino pads over bulldog clips, or printed glass holders though if I had a way to find those holders in a material that would not soften at say 120c, or less, bed temps I would ditch the pads.

Well, by Tuesday I will be one of you and an owner of a Qidi Avatar IV. Emily accepted my offer and I just paid them.

I asked McMaster's about the weight of the 3/16in and 1/4in Boro glass and it was 1lb vs 1.2lb so which one should I get for this printer?

Looks like you can map a drive to the SD card. I think I need to order one.
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ped-in-Windows.
    Thanks I had tried connecting to my Flashair card via \\IP_ADDRESS and it didn't work. I tried again just now and it did work! So it must have timed out before. Now I can map as network drive. That thread indicates it doesn't affect performance of printer access to SD card so should be good!

Quote Originally Posted by g.gregory8 View Post
    Thanks I had tried connecting to my Flashair card via \\IP_ADDRESS and it didn't work. I tried again just now and it did work! So it must have timed out before. Now I can map as network drive. That thread indicates it doesn't affect performance of printer access to SD card so should be good!
    What sort of distance are you getting for its wifi?

What sort of distance are you getting for its wifi?
    My printer is close to the router ~4m through two walls or 9m clearspace. I haven't tested at longer distances sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by g.gregory8 View Post
    My printer is close to the router ~4m through two walls or 9m clearspace. I haven't tested at longer distances sorry.
    Yeah, this house is from 1959 and there is something in the hall bathroom that blocks signals. I tried everything including the router/modem the cable company gave me and ugh. Even on a computer that is about 10-15m away with a dual 6dBi antenna system it was so-so (yet another wall for it). My blu-ray player would not connect to it and it is in the same room as my printer. If my i3 was going forget anything from connecting.

So, I went to my own router with 3 antennas and it is almost max to the computer and my printer no longer affects anything but I never tried my blu-ray again (I used it to try and watch a movie from my main computer 10-15m away and it would freeze too much). So, on my phone the signal next to my i3 is around -70dBm and around -77dBm where the final computer is at (3 walls to it). Basically it is marginal unless the thing has a good external antenna or at least one better than a cell phone has.

edit: On this printer a 1/4in thick 1.2 pound Boro glass or a 3/16in thick 1 pound Boro glass as a "PC Glue" replacement?
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 04-26-2016 at 09:35 PM.

I did the cable chain install. Getting those black cable clips off were such a pain. They were using 5.5mm nuts, I only had 5mm and 6mm sockets. The base part, the screw was too short to screw on, I tried drilling a countersink but without a socket it was a nightmare to screw it on . So I ended up using double-sided tape to hold it in place lol. But surprising it is holding up well. I am not sure when printing in ABS with high heat, will cause it to come off. I did a 30 min ABS print and it is holding well though. The one thing I messed up was the cable for the LED light is supposed to be routed thru the base part, I only realized this after I stick it on lol. Oh well, maybe if It comes off I will re-route it.

Even though the install was such a pain, for me at least, I really like the outlook of how it turned out.

IMG_20160427_094714.jpg

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I've tried 1/4" boro, and 3/16" boro, I have 2 of each... I use 3/16" almost always. The weight doesn't matter.

Yeah, this house is from 1959 and there is something in the hall bathroom that blocks signals. I tried everything including the router/modem the cable company gave me and ugh. Even on a computer that is about 10-15m away with a dual 6dBi antenna system it was so-so (yet another wall for it). My blu-ray player would not connect to it and it is in the same room as my printer. If my i3 was going forget anything from connecting.

So, I went to my own router with 3 antennas and it is almost max to the computer and my printer no longer affects anything but I never tried my blu-ray again (I used it to try and watch a movie from my main computer 10-15m away and it would freeze too much). So, on my phone the signal next to my i3 is around -70dBm and around -77dBm where the final computer is at (3 walls to it). Basically it is marginal unless the thing has a good external antenna or at least one better than a cell phone has.

edit: On this printer a 1/4in thick 1.2 pound Boro glass or a 3/16in thick 1 pound Boro glass as a "PC Glue" replacement?

Page 125 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast