Close

Page 119 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    If what you are experiencing is a true shift on half of your prints, I would suspect a tooth in the belt has worn or broken - it would be visible. I'd recommend to check the belts first and to diagnose which axis is shifting.
    Seeing shifting on the Y axis, and the weird thing is, it is hit and miss. I can run the same print twice and not see it on the first print but then appears on the second.

Pulled the sides off and checked the teeth on the belt and on the pulleys, all seem to be good. I also made sure the grub screws were in place and none were missing.
    Tightened the Y motor, even though the tension on the belt seemed good. While I had the machine apart, I used your guide to oil the bearings (TY for the guide BTW).

Running another print now to see if it made any difference.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by TK4426 View Post
    Seeing shifting on the Y axis, and the weird thing is, it is hit and miss. I can run the same print twice and not see it on the first print but then appears on the second.

Pulled the sides off and checked the teeth on the belt and on the pulleys, all seem to be good. I also made sure the grub screws were in place and none were missing.
    Tightened the Y motor, even though the tension on the belt seemed good. While I had the machine apart, I used your guide to oil the bearings (TY for the guide BTW).

Running another print now to see if it made any difference.
    You're welcome and no problem, glad to help ya troubleshoot and that is good news you don't see any broken teeth or obvious belt issues!

The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head could be that the stepper motor is missing steps if it isn't a belt issue. Does it ever shift more than once during the print, shifting back into place or further away?

You're welcome and no problem, glad to help ya troubleshoot and that is good news you don't see any broken teeth or obvious belt issues!

The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head could be that the stepper motor is missing steps if it isn't a belt issue. Does it ever shift more than once during the print, shifting back into place or further away?
    No, depending on the size of the print it will shift on Y towards the door for a couple of layers then continue on it's merry way at which point I am forced to cancel the print.

Also, running a glass plate build on this and am still seeing adhesion problems. McMaster glass and Aquanet purple, ABS running 230 and the Plate at 110. Anyone have suggestions?

Interesting and I hope you can figure out if it's a belt or a stepper motor issue.

This video has great instructions on how to coat the glass build plate with the Aquanet hairspray - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzCcTCXGiDU

Interesting and I hope you can figure out if it's a belt or a stepper motor issue.

This video has great instructions on how to coat the glass build plate with the Aquanet hairspray - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzCcTCXGiDU
    Jebus! I was nowhere close to putting that much hairspray on! Will give it a shot, Thanks again!

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    No, depending on the size of the print it will shift on Y towards the door for a couple of layers then continue on it's merry way at which point I am forced to cancel the print.
    Make sure the plugs to the steppers are fully seated. If the connection is intermittent then you could get skips on the steppers.

Also, running a glass plate build on this and am still seeing adhesion problems. McMaster glass and Aquanet purple, ABS running 230 and the Plate at 110. Anyone have suggestions?
    Are you using enough hairspray? A thin coat doesn't do it, needs to be thick. See this video for details:

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    I took too long to respond (distractions from kids) cncartist you beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I took too long to respond (distractions from kids) cncartist you beat me to it.
    No problem, I got the video referenced in my research log - and it's from your post (http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post84507).

I really had no idea to use that much hairspray until watching that video, thanks for the prior information and I'm glad that may be the solution for TK4426's sticking issue.

No problem, I got the video referenced in my research log - and it's from your post (http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post84507).

I really had no idea to use that much hairspray until watching that video, thanks for the prior information and I'm glad that may be the solution for TK4426's sticking issue.
    I actually thought I was using too much when I used to use hair spray but I pour it on as I purchased White Rain extra hold from the Dollar Tree and it was in a pump bottle so I could unscrew the pump and I purchased it just for that purpose. I always thought I was overdoing it until that vid.

Quote Originally Posted by kaznad View Post
    Here's the picture of how it turned out.
    Attachment 9262Attachment 9263

These are my settings. (Apologies, I tried uploading a few times it keep coming up as a small image. (original image is much bigger))
    Attachment 9265
    I was reading about this vase after your note and saw people were able to speed print it properly. The QIDI is definitely capable of it but I usually print all my items in 0.12mm for a nice surface finish and for this vase I had to deviate. FWIW, the settings I used are below and they might help (printed in ABS).

Page 119 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast