Close

Page 394 of 411 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 4110
    I've been using borosilicate glass for a couple of weeks now. I started with Aquanet just as others have. I found it messy and sticking too well with ABS even when cooled down. I've gone back to the standard glue stick. This is working great for me. Clean up is a breeze with soap and water after 2-4 prints. BTW, I use one large binder clip with corner clips. The top "handle" of the binder clip is bent down to provide clearance from the stepper belt.

Technician
    I ordered 3/16ths, since that was recommended.

Technician
    Just this morning, while printing my 5mm spacer, I had the print fail (and the dry box get yanked across the shelf to the printer, yay!) by a filament that was...badly spooled, so that it eventually hit a point where the filament wouldn't feed because it was pinned against the spool by another thread of the filament.

A terrible explanation, but I'm betting everyone gets what I mean.

Anyway, this is probably the second or third time this has happened to me, each time with a different roll. Is there a good way to handle this, other than to suck it up and start your print again?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I just don't understand how a company can spool a roll and an end get tucked under another end. It seems physically impossible with a continuous strand. I guess consider a different brand...

Some mount up a Tunnel brand filament monitor that pauses print when the filament runs out or stops moving. Toy Builder Labs has carries them.

Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    Just this morning, while printing my 5mm spacer, I had the print fail (and the dry box get yanked across the shelf to the printer, yay!) by a filament that was...badly spooled, so that it eventually hit a point where the filament wouldn't feed because it was pinned against the spool by another thread of the filament.

A terrible explanation, but I'm betting everyone gets what I mean.

Anyway, this is probably the second or third time this has happened to me, each time with a different roll. Is there a good way to handle this, other than to suck it up and start your print again?
    Last edited by jfkansas; 02-05-2017 at 01:29 AM.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by PatPend View Post
    I use only Gino to attach it to the plate, no need for clips.

What thickness did you get? My original was 1/4" and a chunk pulled out of it when removing an ABS piece. Went to 1/8" and haven't had any issues so far.
    I've heard of the chunking issue before and it has happened to one of my pieces before. I just use the other side and has been good since. You can try to call McMaster if you got it from them. Some have said they will replace the glass. I guess they can have a defect and chunk out on occasion. Try not to lift straight up when removing an object. ABS if done right will auto release when fully cooled. Don't over do it with the "Stick Um" stuff or what ever you use.

Technician
    Yeah, it's kind of mystifying to me too. I don't think I've had it happen with Hatchbox yet.

I had a similar tangle a few days ago with Hatchbox blue ABS. Not sure how it happens with plastic extruders but I worked in a wire plant years ago and saw similar. Bottom line, poor operators not paying attention and covering up errors to maintain production!

Technician
    I am having a hell of a time here with Hatchbox wood PLA. It just doesn't seem to want to flow smoothly. I'm about to do an attempt at the max temp listed in the spool (250c) but don't have all that much hope.

Anyone have any specific S3D settings that might help?

Super Moderator
    I use basic PLA settings. You go to 250 and you will cook the PTFE tubes and then have bigger issues!

Slow way down is one thing. I think I may have been at 1500mm/min or less. About 200 temp. I don't remember on retraction. I googled it a lot and used what seemed to make sense.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by PatPend View Post
    I use only Gino to attach it to the plate, no need for clips.

What thickness did you get? My original was 1/4" and a chunk pulled out of it when removing an ABS piece. Went to 1/8" and haven't had any issues so far.
    I use 1/4" boro from McMaster as well. Had a small chunk of the glass come out with an ABS print, but I think I may have been too rough with it when removing the print. I flipped the glass over and have intentionally been more gentle. That was about 6 months ago and I've not repeated the problem.

Page 394 of 411 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404 ... LastLast