Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Follow 3dex ltd On Twitter Add 3dex ltd on Facebook
    Yes its a shame that there are some quality issues with their printers because without the issues the Mini Fabrikator would be outstanding!

We have a mini fabrikator which does work and works well (for the size/price) so if you're able to repair/replace parts yourself then the Mini Fab is a great option.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dex ltd View Post
    Yes its a shame that there are some quality issues with their printers because without the issues the Mini Fabrikator would be outstanding!

We have a mini fabrikator which does work and works well (for the size/price) so if you're able to repair/replace parts yourself then the Mini Fab is a great option.
    Do you have any idea the size of the grub screw for the X Axis pulley? I have been to Sears, and a Cell Phone Repair shop and none have anything that small in metric hex.

You mean the grub screw holding the aluminium pulley wheel to the motor? I can find out for you if you want? I have a feeling it requires a 0.9mm allen key but not sure

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Yep that is the one, and YES I would love to know the size. It's hard to order the correct hex key without the size I'm finding.

For those keeping score, it appears the grub is .9mm hex.

I just got the new 1.5 version and have been printing away after an initial hickup.

Yes sorry for the delay,

Yes I can confirm it is a .9mm hex screw.

However, I have one of the first printers HobbyKing sold and HK are known for subtly changing parts in products.

Would anyone using this printer with S3D be willing to share there configuration file?

While I was trying to fix the problems with mine, I discovered the Y axis grub not tight either. Ay Caramba!!

3dex Ltd: I can confirm that Mine (v1.5) is .9 (the tool kit I ordered had hex bits from .7 to 3mm)

Chuck from youtube has a profile setting on his site. I haven't looked at it because I don't have s3d.

Elproducts.com/fabtikator-mini.html

Quote Originally Posted by NimbleForged View Post
    Chuck from youtube has a profile setting on his site. I haven't looked at it because I don't have s3d.

Elproducts.com/fabtikator-mini.html
    Thanks,

That's the one I'm using now, but wanted check that against what others are using. I was wondering about some the settings in his.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12