Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    try looking for printers with an all-metal extruder - they tend to be the ones that can handle the higher heat.

Also what sort of budget are you looking at ?
    Budget is maximum 2500$

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    printrbot plus looks like it fits the bill - can't find any info on the hotend - but is ceramic, so should be able to go to fairly high temps.

Even on the page where they sell the hotends individually they don't state the temp range, weird.

http://printrbot.com/shop/assembled-...rintrbot-plus/
    for an extra $400 they do a dual extruder model as well.
    Yes, close. But theres not SD-card support as far as I can see.

Same requirements, it must be appreciated if you can tell us the experience after you get it.

Auto leveling is a gimmick imho. You can do without it and put your money into other good printers. From my experience your going to have to tweak and twiddle anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
    Budget is maximum 2500$

Hi, this budget should do.
    All are easy to find except auto-leveling.
    My suggestion is try searching big company's second gen printers, because company don't do advanced features like auto-leveling by first generation.
    You have requirement on size?

Budget is maximum 2500$

Hi, I own a PB METAL PLUS so I can tell you :
    1/ There is a micro SD card reader, standard, on the back.
    2/ The LCD screen option actually gives you a standard SD card reader that is more accessible.
    3/ The metal hot ends are stated to be available from august 1st, and I think all models will be shipped with it standard from then on. I asked support and I bought one early. Will mount it when I can spare the sleeptime but it looks really great. I snorted when I watched Drumm present it, but I must say I'm impressed.

Only issue I had with it is now improved in the new standard : the wiring of the moving parts.

Received it end of january, must have printed over 200+ hours with it so far. Only had one issue not caused by me : wire fatigue on hall sensor (for bed calibration), support replaced it at not cost.

Mankati fullscales XT and Ultimaker are good choice.

Yes, problem is most awsome printers I find are without autolevel hehe. I really like the Mankati, looks awsome. Would be a 100% candidate if it had autolevel

Printrbot Metal seems like the closest candidate, bed max 80c is a drawback. But most likely not a issue.
    Last edited by Stigern; 07-30-2015 at 07:32 AM.

If you cannot find a printer which meets all of your requirements, I suggest you give up the auto calibration feature.

After about 1 week printing and find the trick of manual leveling, you almost do not need a auto calibration function anymore, but other features give you much more benefits.

Yes, problem is most awsome printers I find are without autolevel hehe. I really like the Mankati, looks awsome. Would be a 100% candidate if it had autolevel

Printrbot Metal seems like the closest candidate, bed max 80c is a drawback. But most likely not a issue.
    1/ bed max is no longer 80°C for the Printrbot Metal Plus : they fixed that early on with a retrofit that was offered to all owners and is now serial standard. I can go to bed temp 110°C in under 10 mins, no problem. Admittedly, I don't do it much since I'd rather not use ABS.

Quote Originally Posted by Umpa View Post
    Auto leveling is a gimmick imho.
    2/ I use autolevel and I can tell you : it is a valuable feature. Without it, multiple extrusion is probably a pain in the *ss. And seriously, why do you think the most active thread of the Rep Rap part of this forum is about auto bed levelling ? Come on !
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ed-G29-command
    Last edited by LambdaFF; 07-30-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah memory card is clearly stated on the website.

And remember it's the new PLUS NOT the older, smaller printer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast