Hey there,

I am trying to get my Prusa I3V setup with the Itty Bitty Double Flex extruder and I'm struggling with nozzle height.

I was hoping to get some remedial instruction to ensure that I am fully understanding the relationship between nozzle height and layer height.

I am using auto-bed leveling and have completed the basic height adjustment where after running the G28/G29 commands I lower the nozzle until it just grips a piece of paper and adjust the Z-offset accordingly.

I am printing with .2mm layer heights, .35mm first layer and trying to print clough42's .35mm calibration print.

When I print I get a measurement of about .65 - .8 in thickness, but when I use a feeler gauge and measure the distance between the nozzle and the bed I get less than .35. (The LCD shows a z position of .3 (doesn't show two significant digits but I see in the g-code it is .35))

I'm using the E3D-V6 .4mm nozzle with 3.0mm filament (PLA), printed at 195.

So, my basic questions assumptions are:

- When properly zeroed the nozzle should be just touching the surface
-- When printing, if the LCD screen indicates a specific height, that nozzle should be that height above the bed (so for .35 first layer height, g-code sets the z height to .35 and that should be the distance between the nozzle and the bed)
-- For a layer height of x the nozzle should be x height above the last layer (or alternatively the bed)

Are these assumptions correct?

Since I'm struggling so much I'm leaning towards I have a misunderstanding somewhere of what is supposed to be happening.

Thanks for any feedback.

Thanks,
Bill