Close

The $20 3D Printed Laser Engraver

New Zealand engineer Stephen Brockett took time out on a relaxing weekend to create the design for his micro laser engraver, the Photon Printer. Able to produce the piece for $20, Brockett employed used DVD drives and 3D printed parts, driving the cost way down. It’s not only a functional, simple, and impressive design, but Brockett added multiple safety mechanisms which are not typically seen in laser engravers. Drawing inspiration from Instructables projects and his own experience, Brockett's design is available on Thingiverse. Check out more details here: http://3dprint.com/79856/diy-3d-printed-laser-engraver/
    Below is a photo of Brockett's Photon Printer:

parts help

Hi Stephen,

First of all let me say WOW. Simply wow.

I would like to know if you would consider printing and selling me the 3d parts. I can't afford a 3d printer right now, but I want to build a laser engraver. You have the best design I have seen after days of aggregate hours of research. I have a few DVD R/W drives but not much beyond that.

I am hoping to have something up and running soon. I am starting a small business and would like to test your engraver to see if it will meet my needs. I have no expectations of production volume, just occasional use for small projects.

Please let me know if you would be willing to source some of the parts for me.

Best regards,
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    New Zealand engineer Stephen Brockett took time out on a relaxing weekend to create the design for his micro laser engraver, the Photon Printer. Able to produce the piece for $20, Brockett employed used DVD drives and 3D printed parts, driving the cost way down. It’s not only a functional, simple, and impressive design, but Brockett added multiple safety mechanisms which are not typically seen in laser engravers. Drawing inspiration from Instructables projects and his own experience, Brockett's design is available on Thingiverse. Check out more details here: http://3dprint.com/79856/diy-3d-printed-laser-engraver/
    Below is a photo of Brockett's Photon Printer:

Hi Rob.
    I've sent you a PM.