Close

Dual Nozzle Alignment on PowerSpec 3D Pro

Hello, I have a PowerSpec 3D Pro (which I understand is a rebadged Flash Forge). I have done dual extrusion prints before without issue but today when I tried to print a key holder using dual extrusion I ran into problems. I normally use ReplicatorG so I tried that and when the printer went from extruding Blue from the Left nozzle to the next layer with a combination of Blue and White (from both nozzles) the white (from the right nozzle) is shifted to the right apparently by the distance between the print heads. I canceled the print and tried with MakerWare, and the it did the same exact thing plus (I didn't catch in until the next layer) the next layer up, both colors were shifted another distance to the right (also the overall print quality from the makerware code was horrible but I think this is purely a speed issue as with it the print heads were moving so fast the printer was moving across the table. How do I re calibrate the printer so the left and right extrudes will align properly? In the Photo, the print on the left is from RepG and the print on the right is from Makerware.
    Thanks -Brad
    20150718_171047.jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    there is a built in calibration routine you can access from the utilities section of the printers control panel.

That's the only thing I ever used and given that it won't let me change the temps to use pla rather than abs - I only used it once. It draws lines and asks you to pick the best match - very much like an inkjet printer alignment page.

Why were you printing so fast ?

I have read about that but The menu doesn't seem to allow you to print the lines, just choose the appropriate set. I have read it should be under the Replicator G File Menu>Scripts>Calibration>Replicator 1,2,2X>Replicator 1 Dual Nozzle Calibration.gcode but there is no "Replicator 1, 2, 2x menu under calibration in my Replicator G. Is there another way to get this script?

As far as the speed goes, I am unfamiliar with MakerBot Desktop (Not MakerWare as I had originally thought) and incorrectly assumed I could use the default settings for the "Replicator (Dual)"
    Thanks
    -Brad