Close

Sintron prusa i3 reprap assembly- help!

A new one here

I bought a sintron printer (link below) and have been having fun with assembly. It doesnt have any instructions whatsoever, so it is a lot more fun than I anticipated so far! I have managed to put the hardware element together (X/Y/Z axis, motors, frame) using photos from the ebay site (quite please with myself so far haha!)... and now I am stuck. I have a load o fendstop mechanical switches, circuit boards, led readout and such like, and no knowledge of what to connect where.

I have checked th enet for manuals (both specific and general) and not really gotten anywhere.

As far as electronics go I am fair to good, so soldering and basics are not a problem. from the parts I have it looks pretty much plug and play, but after looking at the wiring diagram on the site (basic is probably a good word for it) I am still none the wiser.
    If anyone has any good advice- or better stil has built one of these and could gove me some pics, diagrams or anything at all- I would be extremely grateful. they say half the fun is putting it together, and I dont want to spoil that with a miswire and watch my baby take up smoking professionally!

Thanks all
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1717918656...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Senior Engineer
    Well it is a standard RAMPS 1.4 that will probably run Marlin. It looks like all the info you need is actually in the auction listing but ig any is missing then for sure it is on the REPRAP site and at least 100 other places on the net.

Just wire it up as you think it goes to start with.

Steppers first. (you seem to have that covered)

End stops next, install and then worry about the config for making them the correct orientation once you have the mechanicals in place. It is easy enough to check and change once you have the micro powered up.

Head and bed temperature sensors next.

Head heater next then heated bed.

Checking the function at each step. Only the heated bed and head heater have the potential to damage things if you get them wrong really (I am sure that some people could prove me wrong on that)

Thanks for the reply, I think I may not have explained my problem correctly.

I have assembled the basic frame (X/Y/Z frame), installed stepper motors, and thats it. I have the ramps bpard but have not wired anything to it, and as for LEDs etc- no clue at all lol.
    I did find a standard wiring diagram for the ramps bpard, which fits in version number and physical appearance, and from the reply I guess that it doesnt matter who it came from, its a standard thing.

End stops- I got a bit confused as I have 6, with everything I haver seen showing 3. Also only have 3 mounts, but it looks as if this is OK as its just a 1-find process to orientate.

Thanks for the sequence, it helps to know where I should be going!

I will see how things go, probably a lot more questions to come

thanks

Senior Engineer
    End stops have the capability to be minimum and maximum, 3 axes that is 6 switches but most printers do not both with min and max they just use min or max and have a travel limit set in software.

he connection for the switches are there on the board but you just do not use 3 of them. My printer uses X max, Y min and Z min, other printers use different configs. You will understand all that a lot better when you start looking at Marlin configuration.

Looking at Marin, thats software. I still need to get the printer built. I dont know what connects to what! I have basic layouts that mostly help, and have figured out the stepper motor driver modules (not seen them on any diagram yet). I THINK I know more or less what connects to what, so I am going on the principle that if it doesnt go up in smoke then its probably right.

Endstops seem a bit weird- the mounting points dont align with th eswitch itself, so I guess I mght have to redrill them. Oh the joy! hehe