Hello everyone, I'm new here and to 3D modelling and printing and having a bit of problem with my first model. Hope this is the right folder for my question!

First off I'm using sketchup to draw, cura to prep and a TAZ 5 printer.

It's just a simple bracket to hold something but the slicers are filling the bottom of it past the specifications in my design on sketchup. This is the second time I drew the object after the first time I got the measurements slightly wrong and oddly, the first drawing did this on one side but not the other. Now the second drawing is doing it on both sides. I have loaded the file into both Cura and Slic3r and both programmes are doing the same thing so it isn't just one programme having a whoopsy.

Both original drawings were absolutely identical in this part of the object and I have compared, checked, double checked and triple checked everything between them and there is no difference whatsoever, so I'm at an absolute loss as to why one drawing would succesfully slice on one side and overfill the other whilst the other drawing overfills on both sides.

Here are some pictures to help me explain

This is an inside view of the part of the model which is overfilling. As you can clearly see from the picture, the measurement from the centre of the cutout to the top of the inside is 8mm. The slicers are completely fillling this gap between so the hollow inside of the model is level with the top of the cutout, making the inside hollow 8mm shorter, as you will see in the next photo.

The photo above shows the inside of the walls on sketchup. The walls are all 2.45mm thick the whole way round. The part of the drawing showed in the picture is where it is going wrong. The measurement clearly shows 2.45mm, this is in fact getting filled to 10.45mm with a sort of crosshatched/honeycombed pattern.

Above is a photo from outside, just in case an external visual will be any help.

I'm hoping there is a schoolboy error here somewhere and an easy fix, but as already said I'm at a loss as to how this is happening and can't find a way to stop it.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!