Close

3d print uae is it a fraud? be careful

hello,
    there's lots of things about the event that people should know. First of all i wanna tell to all the companies that would like to part of the event, to don't it at all!!!!

After they have received your money, they will stop to answer you phone calls!!!!

Second: they move the event from may to august without asking noone!

Third: they will promise you that you'll be put in touch with investors etc but they will not even answer your phone calls after you will pay them.

What do you think about it?
    Is there abyone else that had the same experience?

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    I think you are right.

I went to Abu Dhabi in May to participate as a visitor. But I noticed they cancelled it. I sent them e-mails but no one answered.

When I was in Abu Dhabi, they called me saying the postponed the event to August, and they want my company to be jewelry partner for their event. And sent me some huge packages starting from $5000.

I told them it's a joke to pay so much. And they said they understand and we can pay as much as we want. They were calling me all the time. I thought something was wrong and refused their offer. I didn't pay anything because a serious event has standard packages and doesn't say: "You can pay us as much as you can..."

After a while another company in my country informed me that these guys told them that I bought the highest package for the conference - $10 000. )
    Last edited by car3less; 07-03-2015 at 08:32 AM.
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    I was waiting for someone to say something about this. To stop thinking it was just my imagination. If it's not a fraud, they are really bad at organizing events...
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

they cancelled the event less than one week before the event start.
    they taked the money from lots of companies, and then don't even answer the phone calls!!!

Please, all the companies that would like to be part at the event, should know how they work.

Since i know personaly about a situation that happend directly to my friend's company, all i can tell you is: DON'T BE A PART OF THE EVENT, DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Mr Ben Phillips has said 40 minutes ago that they now they will give the space for free for 3dprint hubs.

https://www.3dhubs.com/talk/thread/3...#comment-17146

They just want to use 3d print hubs name on their web site to look credble, but they aren't.

@dextis123 not sure if you talking about the same event? we are exhibiting! we have checked with venue and all is set!

@car3less Irina? http://www.weirdomatic.com/coffee-art.html
    we've met before!!!
    sure, they r a bit slow.. guess the middle east is slow on holy month

They don't know what the word professional mean. Professional companies doesn't cancel the event without saying anything to the exhibitors. Second point: why they don't answer the phone calls? Do they have something to hide???

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I guess you'll have to wait till august to see if it is cancelled.

It does sound a bit dodgy.