Hi guys,

I know Shining 3D told us their program and scanner runs on Windows 64 bit computer and OS, but as i don't have such computer at the moment, i'm trying to make it run on my Macbook pro, running Bootcamp and Windows 8.

The problem is that i cannot manage to get the scanner to display the image output through my HDMI port, using the hdmi to VGA adapter provided by Shining 3D. And I don't have a VGA port on this Mac, bought it last year.

If anyone finds the trick, it would save me (and potentially other Mac users) from having to buy a new laptop.

I manage to install the Eisncan software, it works, i can see the object in the little window on left side, the platform turns, but the calibration fails at the end, because the projector does not project anthing, only a blue screen flashing PC and CVMS or something like this.

I searched online and some people have problems connecting to a projector under bootcamp and windows. Some managed to do it using a thunderbolt to VGA adaptor, i'm not that familiar with this, i think i have a thunderbolt port on my Mac. I might try to buy this adaptor.

It might be a driver problems ? Maybe Einscan installs windows drivers but it's Mac hardaware ? No clue.