Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultimaker to Release an Overhaul of Cura Software Tomorrow

Cura software from Ultimaker is getting a major facelift. The free software will be available for download online starting at 9 AM on July 1st, having been completely reengineered. Built again "from the ground up," the New Cura will offer increased features such as the time-quality slider, undo/redo button, and a more intuitive interface. Other features will be added again as time goes on and the developers continue their work, while a few features are being completely dropped. Read more about the overhaul of Cura in the full article: http://3dprint.com/77765/new-cura-release/

Senior Engineer
    Well here's hoping they don't break it. Not filled with confidence when they say the old one will still be available and supported.

Here's hoping it isn't like Google maps where you can still use the old one until you can't then you're stuck with the new one that is really crap.

Engineer
    Lol looks like I have to backup the old installation first, then we're going to talk about the newer one.

By the way mjol, that tweak at z finally work for you? Or are you still manually tweaking on those PC sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Well here's hoping they don't break it. Not filled with confidence when they say the old one will still be available and supported.
    One of the software engineers that built Cura here; It's open source software (AGPL v3); so the old one must be available. You can still use the first few Cura versions that were released, but there is just little reason to.

Senior Engineer
    Available to download for free from July 1, new Cura is set to take the 3D printing experience to a whole new level.
    WRONG or are you hiding the Linux version somewhere else?

is anyone else with a mac having issues? every time i try to open it, it gives me this message:

Engineer
    Ok here's my feedback from first use and impression, it is quite confusing that you have an advanced set up then if you need more details you have to go into the settings preference. You have to checked manually those option and some dissapear as you checked them.

Rotating screen or object is seriously a turn off, the lag is a major problem for a medium size object 10cmx3cmx3cm.

Will it ever support 3rd party printers? Also the plugins such as tweak at Z, pause at Z? Will they ever come back? I do hope these are not the trade off, because I will be a sad Panda.

More important, as a useability, it is in my personal opinion that the older version are easier and much more friendly.

And my first crash since I ever use Cura from last year....
    Last edited by richardphat; 07-01-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Seems Cura released this version too soon. A lot of the settings are missing. Maybe they wanted to keep up with Slic3r and S3D this month.

Technologist
    Follow raysspl On Twitter Add raysspl on Facebook
    We've found that many specific slicer softwares from different manufacturers have difficulties working properly on Macs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    WRONG or are you hiding the Linux version somewhere else?
    Should be online now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast