Close

Replicator 2X trouble

My 2X will stop extruding after about ten minutes of printing. I am printing PLA. I have tried raising the temp to 240 and it helped a little. When it stops extruding the motor starts to click. Once I reload the filament, it will print for about ten minutes again.

Does anybody know what might be causing the issue.

Senior Engineer
    You are too hot, the plastic is melting back up the tube. You need to make sure your fans are running OK and lower the temperature to 170 then increase slightly from there.

Do you have your fan facing the right way? Seems a lot of people install their fan backwards and have this kinda issue. Fan should be installed with sticker facing inwards towards the heat sink.

Also 240 seems a little high, what temp were you using before?

And are you using good filament or crappy cheap-o filament? And is it possible the filament has soaked up some moisture?

I am using makerbot filament. I don't think the filament would have soaked up moisture unless the humidity would affect it, here in Minnesota the humidity usually isn't to bad.

I was printing at the default 230 C temp and still having issues. I tried lowering the temp to 180 but it didn't help much so I thought maybe a higher temp would work.

The fans seem to be working just fine and are pointed in the right direction.