Close

Win An Awesome 3D Printed & Painted Star Wars Han oSlo Blaster From My Mini Factory!

Thanks to MyMiniFactory.com, designer Elliott Viles and our sister site 3DPrint.com, we are giving away an awesome 3D Printed Han Solo Blaster from Star Wars (as pictured below). My Mini Factory currently offers the gun fully assembled for $69 on their website, but because you guys are awesome and so is MyMiniFactory, we are able to give one away to a lucky winner, in addition to a few other cool prizes just for participating in this contest!

The Rules:

#1 Be sure to "Like" both 3DPrint.com's Facebook page & MyMiniFactory.com's Facebook Page
    #2 Share This Post on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/3dprintcom/...42376919267184
    #3 Write a paragraph that's at least 4 sentences long telling us why you want to win the Han Solo Blaster as well as what you would do with it if you did win. (Be creative, whether it's a tear jerker, makes us cry from laughter, or simply an enjoyment to read). Post this as a reply below, along with your full name (as it appears on Facebook so that we can check that you have met requirements #1 and #2).
    #4 Sit back and wait until Saturday for the winners to be announced right here at the top of this post

The Prizes:
    • Grand Prize: The Han Solo Blaster from MyMiniFactory shipped to your door
    • First through Third prize: A $10 Amazon.com gift card

How We Choose The Winners:
    Quite simply, the writers at 3DPrint.com will read over all entries submitted below, between the time this post was initially made until Friday at 8PM EST. They will then discuss among themselves which entries they feel deserve the four prizes above. Majority wins! The winners will be announce right here at the top of this post on Saturday at which point you will have exactly one week to contact me via email to claim your prize.

Banned
    Name: Frank Sneap

I personally would give this gun to my nephew who, despite his age (12) he's one of the more die hard Star Wars fans I have ever seen. As a school project last year he reenacted Scene from Return of the Jedi, and I have to say it was quite comical. Probably prior to handing it off to him though I would secretly play around with it myself, pretending to be Han Solo, as long as my Wife wasn't around. I really think my nephew would be hysterical upon seeing this as a gift.

Thanks for the opportunity to win this!

Name: Shelley Gammon

I have been a Star Wars fan since I first saw the film in the theater in 1977. I still have tons of action figures and similar props, but this is the one item that I have coveted since childhood - coming second only to an actual real, functional light saber. I am fascinated with 3D printing technology and would love to be able to handle and inspect this item from top to bottom, as well. It looks stunning. I can hear Greedo's head hitting the table at the Mos Eisley Cantina just by looking at it. This blaster would have a place of honor in my office like no other gadget I own. The only thing lacking would be a 3D printed Han Solo frozen in carbonite as a door to my office! May the Force be with me on this!

This would be perfect for my son.

Name: Robert Fischer

This is the perfect prize for my family! I have a four year old son who loves Star Wars, he's watched a few of the movies with me and is really getting into it, perfect timing. My wife also loves Star Wars, so it's something we can enjoy as a family. My wife doesn't want my son having any guns, but luckily this is a Han Solo Blaster, and not a gun, so I think I can get this approved for my son's use :-) I'm also fascinated by 3D printing, I know it's something he will grow up using at school and hopefully we will have our own at home soon. This is a great way to introduce him to 3D printing and get him interested and thinking about what he could design and print himself as his skills develop.

Name: Jason Sarnowski

I would give the blaster to my oldest son (11), probably for Christmas. Many others may say the same thing but, truthbe known, deep down inside I would really want it all for myself. I love to share stories of my child hood withmy son and he listens intently. One ofthe best memories of my childhood was Star Wars and acting out the scenes fromthe movies in my backyard. The blaster will be a great improvement over thesticks that we used in the early 80s. About a year ago I introduced my son tothe Star Wars Movies and even had him watch them in the order of release. Heabsolutely loved them, so for Christmas we bought him the entire series onBlu-ray. Every time a friend comes over,light saber wars erupt and he begs to watch another Star Wars movie, his littlebrother (6) is getting in on the action too. We are planning a Star Wars movie marathon and costume party for the newmovie release. How cool would it be forDad to show up as Han Solo with a replica blaster, instead of my usual DarthVader role (someone has to be the bad guy for all of those light saber battles).

I thought the point of being a 'maker' is to 'make' it yourself. Don't know about you guys but for me the real joy comes actually making things. Otherwise I could just go to our local comic book store and buy it there...

Technician
    Name: Tracy Pospeshil

Not long ago, in a galaxy not far away, a boy was born. Some say he was the chosen one. It was too soon to tell. As the boy grew he discovered a tale of heroism, betrayal, and an annoying amphibian creature that sounded strangely Jamaican. The incredible story included robots, large hair-covered creatures, and some of the coolest Cantinas you've never been to. The air in these cantinas was always heady the thick, so thick in fact that in one instance we think Han shot first, the next it appeared he did not. But I digress. This incredible tale proved to be formative for young Luke (yes, that's his actual name). He was enthralled by the force, and promised his parents he would never use this force for evil. As young Luke grew up, his drawings and school projects often centered around parts of these stories. Then one day he informed his mother and I that he had indeed finally gained use of the force, initially the powers were limited and short lived like his ability to “hear really, really good at night” and his uncanny ability to make his sister cry even though “I'm not even touching her. She must be sensing the force in me. She's on the dark side.”
    But as he grew, so did his handle on the force. His night hearing abilities morphed into an incredible ability; he could make his broccoli disappear right off his plate, though they'd always turn up in the washing machine on the next laundry day. Odd, that. He's 8 years old now and honing his abilities to fight evil and save the princess. While we know the light saber is the chosen weapon of the Jedi, I'm sure Luke would be far beyond thrilled to receive Han's blaster as a gift. I bet he'd be happy enough to actually eat his broccoli without using the force.

Thank you for your consideration,
    Master Tracy
    Last edited by DrBoost; 07-03-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Contest closed, Winners to be Announced Tomorrow.

The Grand Prize winner is Dr. Boost

The two winners of the $10 Amazon Gft Cards are:
    jjsarnowski
    robfunk

Please contact me at edbri871@gmail.com by the 11th with your address/forum name and full name and we will get the shipping process started!

Technician
    Wow!! Thanks soo much. I'm not telling Luke yet, not sure how I'm going to unveil something as cool as this.

Thanks again Brian and 3dprintboard for doing this.