Close

Technician

Help getting started running prusa i3

Hi,
    I just finished building my i3 from a kit and need help printing I have no idea what firmware I am running and need operating instructions.

I turned on the printer and inserted my sd card. It will not recognize x3g code generated by various software, only gcode. I set the nozzle temperature to 230c and then commanded print from sd card. Depending what commands I gave it when it reached temperature I got either a "sleeping" or "waiting on user"message. I have no idea how to proceed. WHAT DO I DO? also have no idea how to send commands such as load filament, level bed and other utility functions.

I was unable to find this information. I would really appreciate it if someone could provide a link to an instruction manual

Is it possible to send a files through sd card that contains operating parameters for the model like x3g code does?

The chances are extremely high it's either running Marlin or Repetier. It sounds like you don't have your printer connected to a computer. Try hooking it up and you'll be able to use control software such as Pronterface or Cura or Repetier Host (which is different but complementary to the firmware) to control it. You'll then be able to send g code commands directly to the printer to load filament and do other stuff. You can see a list of g code commands and which firmware supports each at the reprap wiki: http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code

If you send M503 to the printer, which will reply with its settings, you should be able to tell whether your printer is running Marlin or Repetier.

Neither Marlin nor Repetier support x3g. What kind of operating parameters are you expecting to send to the printer?