Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Progress on Production?

Now that we've seen the 1.0 kit, we're all excited and can't wait to get our hands on them. I've got a few questions.1. How is production progressing and is there a good approximation of when kits will start shipping? Any updates on progress or setbacks is appreciated2. What kind of quality assurance policy is going to be in place to ensure that our kits are functional when they arrive to us and not have tons of blown lasers like Form:1 was having issues with?3. It may have been answered before, but for the people who preordered from the website after the crowdfunding campaigns ended, is any resin shipping with those kits or do we need to order some to begin?Thanks for all the responses

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    Ooops, did I just bump this thread?!

Hi all,
    Could not believe, there is no interest for (status of) production (options)!? As a backer I have few ideas. Passionate once, ready to …

We are all waiting!

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Now that we've seen the 1.0 kit, we're all excited and can't wait to get our hands on them. I've got a few questions.1. How is production progressing and is there a good approximation of when kits will start shipping? Any updates on progress or setbacks is appreciated2. What kind of quality assurance policy is going to be in place to ensure that our kits are functional when they arrive to us and not have tons of blown lasers like Form:1 was having issues with?3. It may have been answered before, but for the people who preordered from the website after the crowdfunding campaigns ended, is any resin shipping with those kits or do we need to order some to begin?Thanks for all the responses

1. Its a team effort to answer this one so Iv got to leave this question for a crowd funing campain update.

2. Some words on Quality Assurance and Customer Service:
    We usually have a test rig that we clip each circuit into, run diagnostics, and that way the boards and lasers that are duds from the manufacture are weeded and are never shipped.
    as for blown lasers, we have chosen to ship a laser that is far over rated for the way it is used in a standard peachy printer setup. We have gone with over rated laser diodes because we have already been thru the problem of burning out laser diodes, with the new highter rated diodes we haven’t had any problems, and we are constantly leaving printers shining 24/7 so I think it wont be an issue. Lets just say for the sake of argument that there is a dud part in your kit.
    Altho we dont have an official policy for this yet here are my thoughts.
    If sending any one replacement part is what gets your printer working, and one of our customers has taken the time to write us saying they would like a free replacement. Then that customer is probably right.
    Our policy’s should reflect that as well as the fact that it will usually be less expensive for us to just send out a replacement part right away.
    Having said that tech suport is NOT in our budget at all, instead it will take a community of knowledgeable people like the one growing here.
    In our beta fourm we saw some very cool community actions happening people were even mailing each other parts!
    Many parts in the printer are worth less than 50 cents so I think good deeds like this will be very common.

3. Resin dose not come with the kits from the backer kit pre order page, instead you need to ad resin to your order or you can experiment with a third party resin.

The Backerkit says, that there is resin included. I could even chose a colour, or did i miss something?
    Peachy Printer Kit - $100 CAD (Add $20 CAD to ship outside Canada) - Included Resin (100ml) - Black Shipping Fees Applied

Technician
    @dezi, that's for the kickstarter, I think rylan is talking about the "preorders" that were processed through the web site (post kickstarter)

I didn't buy over Kickstarter i bought with the first Backerkit, after i subscribed to the preorders

Peachy Printer Representative
    If you pre-ordered the printer during the first pre-order campaign (January - March 2014) then 100ml of resin is included with your kit. We decided to stop including resin in the kit after that, so if you pre-ordered the printer during the second pre-order campaign (October 2014 - present) then resin is not included with your kit.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Thanks Nathan and dezi , sorry for causing the confusion I thought this first backer kit campaign wasn't referred to as "pre orders"
    altho for the life of me I cant remember what I thought it was called.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast