Close

Makerbot Replicator 2 - Filament seems completely jammed.

I was working on a series of prints for one project and I returned to the office one morning after setting a lengthy print the night before. All previous prints came out perfectly, and we did also recently replace the thermocouple.

Upon returning to retrieve my print, I noticed that it had stopped at some point and began "air printing." I started a small test print, and it air printed the entire time. I figured it was a clog, and most minor clogs for me are remedied with preheating or using the load/unload scripts with some patience. This time, however, I seem to have experienced a total jam. The filament will not feed through, and it also will not pull out.

I'm part of the creative team, and we use the printer often. But it is the engineering team who calibrate, maintain, fix, modify and rebuild the machines. They're also off on vacation, so I am not directly allowed to disassemble anything. Before I put in an official task for them to tackle upon their return, what other things can I try to unjam our Makerbot?

Update:
    A temp probe is telling us that the fully heated temp is only about 150-160 C. With the thermocouple being both new and an upgraded model, what could be the most likely culprit?
    Last edited by How2TrainKaiju; 08-17-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Technician
    Hi there
    Press load release triger on printer head and pull it out if possible.
    This way you will release wheel from Filament.
    But do not use too much force not to break anything of course.

If you do not succeed then I'm sorry, but your printer will have to be disasambled (print head)-

Regards
    Roberto

Senior Engineer
    It sucks not being able to pull it apart yourself. Companies like that should buy Stratasys printers not domestic ones.

You would have a lot better success rate and better prints if the users also maintained it.

Kind of makes you Toothless. << couldn't resist that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Hi there
    Press load release triger on printer head and pull it out if possible.
    This way you will release wheel from Filament.
    But do not use too much force not to break anything of course.

If you do not succeed then I'm sorry, but your printer will have to be disasambled (print head)-

Regards
    Roberto
    Unfortunately, it appears as though this is the case. The filament will not pull out, no matter which script I run or if it's preheated.

A somewhat interesting development: a temp probe is telling us that the fully heated temp is only about 150-160 C. With the thermocouple being both new and an upgraded model, what could be the most likely culprit?