Close

Beginner looking for suggestions.

Hello all,

I'm looking into getting into 3D printing as sort of a hobby. Was wondering if anyone has some suggestions on what printer I should get just starting out? Something I can learn the tricks on without investing too much?

It really depends on other criteria such as build volume and speed. If you are looking for a very affordable machine M3D's printer seems like a good bang for your buck. If you can up your budget some, check out Printrbot.

Thanks for the input Brian! M3D's printer is definitely in my price range. And doing a little research I mostly see good things about it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Hello all,

I'm looking into getting into 3D printing as sort of a hobby. Was wondering if anyone has some suggestions on what printer I should get just starting out? Something I can learn the tricks on without investing too much?
    Stratasys makes a good printer...

Can anyone tell me when buying my first printer do i need usb connectivity or is sd slot only ok?

USB is usually required to upgrade firmware; when it comes to running the printer it seems most people prefer SD cards.

At the beginning, the USB connection is a must : you can interact on the fly, it simplifies multiple iterations as you learn. Once you're more experienced, you'll be able to get it right 1st time so the sd card will avoid blocking your pc for hours on end which is great too.