Close

EnvisionTEC printers don't have vats?

EnvisionTEC's website does not really specify how they use their resin. The Perfectory Standard mentions it does not have a vat. Do their printers use resin cartridges? I heard somewhere they use teflon film?

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks!

anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by adravi24 View Post
    EnvisionTEC's website does not really specify how they use their resin. The Perfectory Standard mentions it does not have a vat. Do their printers use resin cartridges? I heard somewhere they use teflon film?

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks!
    Hello ADRAVI24,

The Perfactory and Micro families of 3D printers utilize a system whereby only the amount of material that will be needed for a build is poured into a shallow container (we have two types, called basements or PSA's), the rest being held in the bottle the material came in until it is needed. The video below shows the material being added to the basement just before the 30 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45JIJk-VzLc

I hope this helps answer your question - if you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Best Regards,
    Jenna

Staff Engineer
    It looked like a vat to me...

Generally when one is speaking of a vat in terms of 3D printing, it is for stereolithography or something similar. For stereolithography, the vat must be as deep as the item you wish to build is tall and the item is built within. With our DLP technology, the build is happening upside down, suspended from a build plate which is then "dipped" down to the resin. This allows for a minimal amount of material to be in the basement at any given time, as well as very tall builds using only a basement that is 1-3" deep.