Close

Engineer-in-Training

custom start codes

What has been bothering me is the ooze that I am getting while the printer walks through the ABL program. I don't like how the printer brings the nozzle up to temp and the bed, then does the ABL procedure. This does this in Cura and Slic3r. I'd like the program to do the following...
    1. heat the bed,
    2. do the ABL,
    3. move to a preset location,
    4. Heat the hot end,
    5. extrude some filament,
    6. Run the code,

Just move the G29 up above where it starts heating the nozzle. But the problem is, the G29 takes long enough that it turns out to be a good amount of time that could be used to preheat the nozzle. If you are OK with waiting long for the print to start, just move the G29 up higher in the startup GCode.

Engineer-in-Training
    Cura and Slic3r both add temp lines before the codes in the custom Gcode areas. There is no way to remove them that I can see. will adding the G28 and G29 at the beginning remove this lines.

I believe (but can't double check as I am on vacation in Alaska at the moment) that if you put the line

M140 S[bed0_temperature]

in the g-code start script (there is a similar command for the extruder), then this will remove the auto generated commands.