I'm trying to configure the Mendel software. I have a working printer with unknown software and configuration, and I'm trying to set up a new Arduino Mega w/RAMPS 1.4 board and kind of configuring from scratch.

I've been able to get most of the settings configured, but I'm having trouble with the X-Axis settings.

On this printer, the X-Endstop is on the right side, which I also believe is the home position (front, left). If I leave Mendel settings as they come, the X axis works backwards (click manual control to go right and it goes left).

So I figured that it needs to be configured w/X inverted. Thus the following is set or changed from normal defaults:

The X-endstop is plugged into the Max connection on the board (2nd row)

INVERT_X_DIR false
X_HOME_DIR 1
X_MAX_POS 205
X_MIN_POS 0

Using Repetier-Host to manually control the printer, the printer homes correctly. However, if I try to move left after homing, it doesn't move. THEN, if I try to move right (which is stopped correctly by the end-stop switch, not because it crashes), the head doesn't move, but Repetier-Host THINKS it moved (the screen location adjusts), and then since R-H thinks the head has moved right (it didn't), THEN R-H commands to move left work!

Is there something wrong with my Mendel configuration, or is it with my R-H configuration?

This is the printer: