Close

Best way to level threaded thermal tube nozzles?

Anyone here with threaded thermal tubes? I have my nozzles pretty close by pure luck but I want to get them perfectly level and I have all metal extruder with threaded thermal tubes not set screws. Just wondering if there's an easy way to do it?

Technician
    Add Nargg on Thingiverse

Again, mine has threaded thermal tube and threaded cooling bar, not set screws so this video is no help. With the set screw version its ago easy to align I don't even have to take it apart, just loosen them up and let the nozzles fall onto the platform. I can't do that though, I have to screw the tubes in.

Senior Engineer
    I used soft (ish) springy, compressible washers between the aluminium and the carriage so that tightening and slackening the two mounting bolts would cant the aluminium bar slightly. With a dial gauge on the bed pointing up and moving the head over the gauge it is possible to get them very close.

FYI, a difference of 0.0008 inches on a Stratasys is considered to need adjustment. This is only relevant if you are doing prints with both extruders at the same time though they do need to be pretty close particularly if you are printing tall things as when printing with the higher one the lower one will knock over whatever you are printing.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I have all metal extruder with threaded thermal tubes not set screws.
    You sure you're using a flashforge ?

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    That is exactly what I was thinking, I've not seen any reference to a stock FF having threaded thermal tubes.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    With a dial gauge on the bed pointing up and moving the head over the gauge it is possible to get them very close.
    This is what I would do. I do agree with the others that you probably are not using a FF printer.

Technician
    Good idea. What I did was to place a small paper washer the thickness of the difference under the high side screw

It has the alu-dual cooling bar and threaded thermal barrier upgrade, that's why I asked if anyone has threaded thermal barriers. I think I'm going to build some kind of bracket to help me align them.