Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technologist

MakerFarm I3V STL???

Does MakerFarm make available STL (or anything importable into FreeCAD) for components of their I3V kits?

I need to make a small mod to the X carriage assy.

I'm adding the inductive sensor for ABL, and would like to do it "nicely". There is an OpenSCAD design up on thingiverse, and it's a possibility, just didn't want to mess w/ OpenSCAD just yet.

I assume the parts for the X carriage are the same for the 8"-12" models...

Thx!

ther eis not an STL, but you can find and download the laser burn files...

Technologist
    OK..., thx!

Yah, got confirmation there are no STL available.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    ther eis not an STL, but you can find and download the laser burn files...

You can use this file..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technologist
    Here is a plastic version of it you can print or modify the openscad file. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:610967

Technologist
    Voodoo: Thx. The site seems to have a problem with attachments at the moment, but will try again periodically.

Pyramid: Ditto the thx. I've downloaded it and started playing with it a bit. It's tempting to use it as a way to build all the mods into a single piece, but after my little experiment, it's clear I'm gonna have to upgrade my CAD skills a bit more.

What I tried was merging the x-carriage shelf from clough42's HE cooling solution for the hexagon into this x-carriage.

Clough42's model is in STL and SolidWorks..., and the X-carriage model is provided as STL and SCAD.

I imported both STL into FreeCAD and worked with that. Various details remained before I came to the conclusion that making the thing printable was gonna be a problem I didn't really want to mess with.

So..., in the interim, the upgrades are gonna happen using the MF x-carriage (which is what they're designed for anyway)..., and longer term, gonna put some time into learning OpenSCAD and then try something a little sexier.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by lakester View Post
    ...The site seems to have a problem with attachments at the moment, but will try again periodically....
    People... 3DPrintBoard has been broken as far as attachments since early April. No one at the helm seems to care, so we apparently have to live with it. Some images seem to post OK, but for anything else, you're best off pushing them to something like pastebin or dropbox and then linking to those in your posts.

If you care to voice an opinion to 3DPrintBoard, I recommend adding to one of the existing threads or create a new thread in the site discussion area, or perhaps mention it in the chat box. I personally believe that until enough people complain at the upper level of the 3DPrintBoard structure, we'll continue to get no attention or any kind of response from the admins. I have politely PM'd the admins I am aware of and have received zero response.

UNTIL THINGS ARE FIXED: If you provide an attachment, ALWAYS attempt to view it yourself after posting it to make sure it opens OK. If you want to link to an old thread that you knew had good content, ALWAYS go back and look at it first to make sure the link is still worth it with the inevitable missing images and attachments.
    Last edited by printbus; 06-02-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Is there an alternative board for makerfarm folks?
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    People... 3DPrintBoard has been broken as far as attachments since early April. No one at the helm seems to care, so we apparently have to live with it. Some images seem to post OK, but for anything else, you're best off pushing them to something like pastebin or dropbox and then linking to those in your posts.

If you care to voice an opinion to 3DPrintBoard, I recommend adding to one of the existing threads or create a new thread in the site discussion area, or perhaps mention it in the chat box. I personally believe that until enough people complain at the upper level of the 3DPrintBoard structure, we'll continue to get no attention or any kind of response from the admins. I have politely PM'd the admins I am aware of and have received zero response.

UNTIL THINGS ARE FIXED: If you provide an attachment, ALWAYS attempt to view it yourself after posting it to make sure it opens OK. If you link to an old thread that you knew had good content, ALWAYS go back an look at it first to make sure the link is still worth it with the inevitable missing images and attachments.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    Is there an alternative board for makerfarm folks?
    I'm all ears if someone knows of one. Having been burned three times in the last six months by 3DPrintBoard, well, I'll leave the rest unsaid...

I know its not as good as a board, but we can use the makerfarm group over at thingiverse.. http://www.thingiverse.com/groups/makerfarm-i3v/topics

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    I'm all ears if someone knows of one. Having been burned three times in the last six months by 3DPrintBoard, well, I'll leave the rest unsaid...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast