Close

EnvisionTEC WaxEra 3D Printer

EnvisionTEC has been busy developing a brand new 3D printer and multiple new materials to use with it. Called the WaxEra, this new machine is a DLP 3D Printer which prints using Wax. perfect for jewelry manufacturers the printer also works with several new materials which includes the company's E-Wax wax paste, EC3000 and incredibly detailable QView. The printer and materials will be on display at JCK Las Vegas this weekend for anyone who may be interested in seeing the machine function first hand. Additional details on this machine and the new materials being offered by EnvisionTEC can be found here: http://3dprint.com/69344/envisiontec-wax-era/

Below you will find an image of the new WaxEra DLP machine:

Hi Brian!

I would just like to provide a quick correction. The WaxEra currently only works with one material, E-Wax. The other two new releases, EC3000 and QView are for our Perfactory® and Micro 3D printers. If you have questions, I'd be happy to help in any way I can!

Best Regards,
    Jenna

Staff Engineer
    A while ago I had some musings about a laser process that might be able to use regular parafin, I was hoping this might be similar to that. I assume that the e-wax is a UV reactive liquid that has wax properties when cured?

It is mentioned that Caster can benefit without the need for any significant change in traditional Casting. What are these non-significant changes required if we use e-wax.

Hi Feign,

E-Wax is actually not a liquid at all, it is a paste. This is part of what makes the WaxEra so unique, it is the first DLP machine capable of this. Rather than a liquid with wax properties after curing, it is a wax-based material with additions allowing it to cure using DLP.

Jenna

Hi mmasooda,

There should actually not be any changes in the casting process. However every caster uses a different process and it would be irresponsible of us to say that EVERY process will work. If we did, you can be sure there would be a caster out there with some kind of quirky process with an additive that will change the results.

Jenna