Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    This problem has been a plague to everybody trying to get Auto Bed Leveling going. Very few people actually store values in the EEPROM. But most people end up with bad values there. So when you are working to turn on Auto Bed Leveling, it is often best to just turn off the EEPROM until you have it running. That forces it to use the values #define'd in the Configuration.h file.
    Roxy thanks for the confirmation of what I believe I picked up some time ago in another thread that you contributed to. The question that still is on my mind though is, okay I've got EEPROM turned off and my ABL has been working fine for a couple of weeks now, why would I want to turn EEPROM back on if the settings I use are hard coded in the firmware?

Also if it hasn't been said before, Thank You Roxy for all the contributions you continue to make to Marlin and in particular our Makerfarm printers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankus View Post
    Roxy thanks for the confirmation of what I believe I picked up some time ago in another thread that you contributed to. The question that still is on my mind though is, okay I've got EEPROM turned off and my ABL has been working fine for a couple of weeks now, why would I want to turn EEPROM back on if the settings I use are hard coded in the firmware?
    Well... Some people do tweak their settings back and forth. Especially things like acceleration and various speeds. But I'm of the opinion I would rather have my Configuration.h file be exactly what the printer is going to do. With that said... Some people are saving their Auto Bed Leveling correction matrix to EEPROM so they don't have to do a bed leveling every time. So, who knows???

Quote Originally Posted by Hankus View Post
    Also if it hasn't been said before, Thank You Roxy for all the contributions you continue to make to Marlin and in particular our Makerfarm printers.
    Well... I'm all for helping Makerfarm printers but it is RepRap printers that I'm focused on! It just so happens MakerFarm is a very nice RepRap!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123