Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So I have it working now with the original numbers. Come to find out in the firmware under Additional Features define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_RANGE_MAX was set to -5.00. So when I used -4.00 it was not in range and it would just default to -5.00 and it would push the head into the glass. I change it to -3.00 and it is working just fine.

So here is a weird thing when I put the numbers in the terminal I can print and everything is fine. Now when I put those numbers in the firmware and load it up it wants to push the nozzle about 4 mms into the glass. I have tried adjust the numbers and no matter what I use it wants to push the nozzle 4mm. I am stumped.

Technologist
    In pronterface do m502 and then m500 to store setting. After flashing the firmware.

I will try that

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by rhonal89 View Post
    In pronterface do m502 and then m500 to store setting. After flashing the firmware.
    Can you expand on that a bit? Does this only apply when you enable EEPROM storage?

So the m502 and m500 commands did the trick

Quote Originally Posted by Hankus View Post
    Can you expand on that a bit? Does this only apply when you enable EEPROM storage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Draud View Post
    So the m502 and m500 commands did the trick
    This problem has been a plague to everybody trying to get Auto Bed Leveling going. Very few people actually store values in the EEPROM. But most people end up with bad values there. So when you are working to turn on Auto Bed Leveling, it is often best to just turn off the EEPROM until you have it running. That forces it to use the values #define'd in the Configuration.h file.

Where in Marlin do I deactivate the EEPROM?

Quote Originally Posted by Draud View Post
    Where in Marlin do I deactivate the EEPROM?
    In Configuration.h ! Make sure these #define's have a // in front of them:

//#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
    //to disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:
    // please keep turned on if you can.
    //#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

Thanks so much do the help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast