Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help recalibraring ABL

Is I had my ABL workig good and printing good. I decided to shorten the plunger for the endstop and make it out of abs. So the problem is after I adjust for the offset like zennmaster does the hot end wants to push into the glass. I have tries recalibrating it many times with the same problem. I have also tried with a fresh firmware with my numbers put in and still wants to push into the glass. I don't know what to do next and need help from this awesome forum.

It sounds like you have made the Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_NOZZLE to small. And also remember this number is supposed to be negative.

Ill double check when I get home

So I checked the Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_NOZZLE and it is set to -3.0. And everytime that I have the nozzle touch the glass and zero out the readings then have the probe touch the same spot I get the same numbers and it still wants to push into the glass.

then arbitrarily make the number less negative, by .1-.2 increments until it is where you want :-) thats onw of the great things about ABL... you can make it work... M851 Z-X.XX will change your z probe offset without reflashing until you find what works then you can flash it...

That's how i have been using more recent versions of marlin while testing... but i'm about to roll back to a more stable version I need to get prints done...

So i have tried as you have said sniffle and i started at z-4.00 now im up to z-11.00 and seems to not getting any better.

Student
    -11 is MORE negative than -4. Sounds like you're going the wrong way.

Technician
    increasing the negative value will make the nozzle closer to the bed . if you wanted to be higher you need to decrease the negative value.

from -4.00 to - 11.00 will be 7 mm closer to the bed ........

yeah if you need to get further away from the bed you need to go towards 0, do -3.8 or greater than 4.0

I feel like an idiot. I quickly read your first post as I didnt have much time to work on my printer and now when I read it again it makes a lot more sense now. Gonna try it again today and see what happens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast