Hello helpful people of 3dprintboard.

I have a MakerFarm I3V 10" that I have built and is running well with a few cheeky upgrades. I purchased a Full Graphical display from Makerfarm that I wanted to install. I looked around the internet for instructions on how to do this but couldn't find anything definitive for this build so I combined a few things and watched some youtube clips and thought "how hard can it be?".....

This seems to have led to other issues.

If I connect my laptop via the usb cable to the board, its isn't recognised in device manager. it calls it out a rumba - AT mega, 2560 although its a ramps, but cant find the driver. I found a video (here) that showed a work around for the driver that means you install this as a modem (ricochet wireless modem) instead, that seemed to allow it to connect.

I loaded up Arduino and downloaded the latest RAMPS files, made the change to the configuration.h file and added the U8glib file to get the full display to run and when I press upload it just crashes my laptop.

I am running windows 7. I also freely admit, when it comes to connectivity and what an arduino/ramps board is, I am well out of my depth but I am trying to learn as I go.

Any thoughts folks?