Close

Threaded View

Technologist

X-Motor Mount One Piece Print Idea

While looking at what other wooden parts on the printer I might be able to make in plastic, I started working on a plastic replacement for the X-Motor mount. I initially designed it just like the original in 2 parts, then started looking at making this into 1 part which would cut out 4 bolts & nuts. Since I would have to print this on its edge, I added some ears to the bottom to give it a larger footprint. Looks like I could also add some extra width to the front bottom of the part if it needs a bigger footprint for printing. There might be an overhang problem with the top circular cut above motor, but I could bring in those 2 horizontal openings a few millimeters. All the bolt holes would be horizontally printed, but I have had pretty good luck with horizontal holes lining up although they are usually not as round as vertical holes. Print estimate is about 4.5 hours at .2 infill, so it will probably take 5 to 6 hours to print. I would be interested in any thoughts on this before printing it. I cut the corners to 45 deg. chamfers & some extra holes to save a little plastic. Attached are three images of what it should look like. On the 2d image, the holes are Red, Outline in Green, Motor in both extended positions is in cyan & alum. is white.X-MotorMountOnePiece.JPGX-MotorMountOnePiece_Back.JPGX-MotorMountOnePiece2D.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images