Hi guys,

Over the last few days, I've been trying to get my chines delta aka kossel 3d printer back up and running with my E3d v6 lite hot end that I purchased. So far so good managed to modify my old effector so support the new hot end so I could print some new effector mounts.

ever since i've installed the new effector parts with the new hot end my prints have been bellow average! and for the life of me i can't work out why? have check all my slicer settings, z calibrations, e steps calibration without much luck. For some reason, it seems like I keep clogging the hot end as soon as i try and turn up my e steps on the extruder.

This lead me to the thought that perhaps my new thermostat isn't running properly resulting in inadequate temperature resulting as clogging. I have not modified my firmware to support the new e3d's thermostat however it does seem to be working. I also noticed that I am unable to reach a higher temp then 220 deg were as previously I was easily able to reach 250+, it also seems to take quite some time to make it over 215 deg before it can reach 220?

All this lead me to finally install the thermostat properly rather then trying to cut corners (woops). I have found the documentation which explains the following installation procedure:

Repetier

Use thermistor definition number 8:

• #define EXT0_TEMPSENSOR_TYPE 8

Or select "ATC Semitec 104-GT2" if using the Online Configuration Tool (v091)
For safety it is strongly recommended to do the following:

• Limit the Max PWM value (EXT0_PID_MAX 150 in the config file) to ensure that current is limited to a value that allows you to achieve the temperatures Lite6 is capable of, but not significantly overshoot 245C.
  • Set the Minimum defect temperature to ensure that the thermistor shorting out is caught by the firmware.

New in Online Configuration Tool (v092) are the two options to also improve safety:

• Decouple hold variance and Decouple min temp. rise to detect the thermistor coming loose. These must be set appropriately for your system to ensure that they work properly.

Upload the new firmware to your electronics.

This is where i get a little lost as I've never uploaded new firmware to my printer as it came pre-configured. Is it possile to download my firmware config from my printer so i can modify it to support the new thermostat or do i have to begin from scratch?

Thanks in advance!