Hi everyone, I just got a 3d printer (in signature) last friday. Started printing right away and things were good for about 2 days then a fan died and one of the axis started to squeal. I have only used PLA so far. Prior to those issues here is what I did.
Layered with painters tape and level the bed and print. I tried hairspray and it worked well too. Tried the bed heated at 50/55/110*C and it all worked great!
Out of nowhere the nozzle would catch and spin parts and not stick. Then the fan died so i exchanged it for a new one.

So i open the new one, level the table and do a test file that came on the SD card on the painters tape. Printed great (except the fact I can't get the raft off clean)
Loaded up a file that I wanted to print (been using the makerbot to slice and export) and it goes to the edge of the board, prints 1 line then goes to the center to start printing and the PLA won't stick to the tape. Tried PLA on blue tape with the heated bed off, on at 55, on at 50 and on at 110. Tried the PLA temp at 210, 215, 220 and 230. Tried some hair spray and it stuck for about 5% then the other nozzle kept hitting the side and dragged it all over. Tried again and same issue won't stick and just globes up on the nozzle. Literally less than 35 minutes of print time because the test print was 30 min.

But why would the test samples print perfect but nothing else? What would have changed in the 2 days to go from printing to being a big booger on the nozzle. I'm pulling my hair out with this thing.

So this brings me to a few other questions. For machines without a heated bed is hair spray a MUST? Any good or clean way to break off a raft? When the first one printed well i could never get it off 100% so I did without and it was perfect.

I'll upload a video and post it shortly so you guys can see and hopefully help me.
Thanks in advance