Close

Threaded View

Student

Starting a Business in the 3D printing Industry.

Hi there,

First of all let me briefly introduce myself, I am in my third year of University studying Furniture and Product Design and currently on a 6 month internship in the Netherlands as a Junior Designer. My skills are mainly 3D based; modeling, rendering, problem solving, product development.

Ideally I am looking for some sort of business partner, to set up something in the UK who would be willing to do this with me full time. I am aware that the market is growing very rapidly which is why I would like to get something going as soon as possible. There is also a big shortage of 3D printing shop (Selling printers and Consumables) in the UK with only one in London. Seeing the fascination of my relatives when the printer is running only makes me think that it could work, face to face support would also be a massive advantage which I'm sure we would all of appreciated when stuck on a problem.

I have other plans of expansion, offering services but I'll keep that to myself for now.

I have read a few book about business start-up but I am far from clued on the subject and I more than welcome any constructive criticism.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Ps: My main ambition is to bring 3D printing to the domestic environment.

Edit: Maplin Sold out of 3D printers, selling over 800.
    Last edited by Charles; 01-20-2014 at 03:07 PM.