Close

whos used cura with there maker farm

I have Cura on my laptop from previous exploits, who all has used it before, im curious about the differances in the slicers it seems like slic3r has more inputs you can change and cura has a basic machine input and then a slice option, i think im going to try it on a small pc in the morning for a conical spacer but well see if slic3r wants to slice it or not.

Engineer-in-Training
    I've used Cura with mine for the better part of owning the MakerFarm. I haven't had many issues with it, and the prints do seem to come out well. About my only complaint is that it seemed that it didn't cope as well with smaller details (for instance a small 3-4mm post with a 2mm hole in the center) than what Slic3r did, but that could be down to my MakerFarm's configuration over my other printers.

Engineer
    Slic3r has more options, but its toolpath isn't very logical. I've seen it print bridges (or try to) where it stops and starts in the middle of the gap, instead of staying on the ends. Cura doesn't have as many options, but I think it makes nicer prints. It also does supports better than Slic3r, in my opinion.