Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rhonal89 View Post
    That is true. The aluminium is not too thick. But still worked perfect. I have over 100 hours printed like this. But if you want it to be correct. Then when you buy the e3d v6 from Colin I would I advice you to buy that piece also stuff do changes. Or you might print your self one.
    Good point, though I figured I might as well order the $4 part at the same time and not need it potentially rather than need it and not have it on hand.

i used the regular hexagon plate with a washer like the ones that came with the hobbed bolt as a shim between the hotend and extrduer block..worked perfectly too.

OR

You can go this route...I modified Clough42 Itty Bitty Single Extruder to work with the E3d V6 3mm and the stock Hexagon Plate.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:714547

Quote Originally Posted by Carrot_or_Stick View Post
    Good point, though I figured I might as well order the $4 part at the same time and not need it potentially rather than need it and not have it on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    i used the regular hexagon plate with a washer like the ones that came with the hobbed bolt as a shim between the hotend and extrduer block..worked perfectly too.

OR

You can go this route...I modified Clough42 Itty Bitty Single Extruder to work with the E3d V6 3mm and the stock Hexagon Plate.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:714547
    Nice work! I may do that later on after i get my printer up and running again.

Just an update for anyone who is interested. The e3d installed perfectly into the stock extruder from makerfarm. I did end up using the new mounting plate that I ordered at the same time as the hot end.

Engineer-in-Training
    I don't know how I missed this, but the ABL foot from 42 is too short! Anyone got an STL that will work with the ED3, it is longer than the hexagon.

Technologist
    Download clough42 Itty bitty flex. Is has one that is the correct lengh. For e3d.

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    I don't know how I missed this, but the ABL foot from 42 is too short! Anyone got an STL that will work with the ED3, it is longer than the hexagon.
    Last edited by rhonal89; 06-03-2015 at 06:51 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12