Close

Beckdac ABL homing issue

Hello all,

Two weeks ago I installed the beckdac fork on my Makerfarm i3v and got auto level working very well. With one minor exception. In my pre print gcode I have a G28 followed by the G29 command. This has the following results.
    Printer homes all homes X and Y and then moves to center of bed and Z servo is extended. Z axis is lowered until the switch is triggered. Then the Z servo is immediately retracted (causing the switch to hit the glass).
    Then the G29 command kicks in and the Z axis is raised to the 'raise before probing' level, the servo is extended again and the 9 points are tested. After the 9 points are tested the Z axis raises up slightly and then the Z servo is retracted without hitting the glass again.

Can someone point me to where in the code I need to add a raise Z command that will keep the switch from hitting the glass at the end of G28 or did I miss something? I have gone over the configuration.h file many times and started working my way through the marlin.cp file; where I think I may have found it. But wanted to get a second opinion first.

Also I have searched and only found people having issues with the G29 command; which works flawlessly for me...

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post but was trying to get all the details in there.

In the first post of this thread: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ed-G29-command

You will find this text:

This step is also optional. Because of how some people's Z-Probe is constructed, it is best to raise the nozzle prior to retracting the probe. The Enhanced G29 code handles this circumstance. But as it turns out, the stock G28 command is also guilty of this bad behavior. If you need the G28 command to raise the nozzle prior to retracting the probe, make the following changes in Marlin_Main.cpp :

Awesome! Guess I didn't quite search enough. Thanks for the link. I had found that general area of code and figured it was close to the right place.

Thanks again!

EDIT
    In case someone else has this issue. My FW already had the fix mentioned above in the code. However I never enabled the "PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY" in the configuration.h file. And since the code to raise the Z axis before the Z probe depends on an AND that includes PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY > 0 this important little bot of code was never ran.

Way easy and perfectly logical fix after I saw that line of code.

Anyways just wanted to report back that all is well and maybe help someone else down the road.

Last edited by akcrash; 04-26-2015 at 10:33 PM.