Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician
    Aw, crap. That's right "N" is reserved for line number. That explains the error mentioned above. My apologies, "n" is correct. Thanks for the reminder Roxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    First... The Enhanced G29 that was published here is mostly folded back into the main code base. Depending on what code you are using the options are different. In the main code base 'P' is used to specify the number of points on each axis to probe. In the Enhanced G29 code published here, 'n' (with a lower case) is used. You can never use a capital 'N' with PronterFace.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasay View Post
    Aw, crap. That's right "N" is reserved for line number. That explains the error mentioned above. My apologies, "n" is correct. Thanks for the reminder Roxy.
    I also tried lower case n and it didn't work either. I'm gonna go to bed now but thank you guys so much for taking the time to help me try and work this out, sorry for all this trouble I know it's frustrating helping out a noob haha.

Engineer
    Doing a 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5 grid on a 8x12 bed will work just the same as on a 8x8 bed, only the Y points will be spaced further apart. ABL will still work, even if you don't have more Y probe points.

Go get the latest 'Release' version of Marlin from GitHub: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin (Do not grab the development version which is more 'current' than the last Release version!)

Go find this code in Marlin_main.cpp. This code controls the probing across both the X and Y axis. Change it to be what ever you desire it does:

Code:
          for (int yProbe = front_probe_bed_position; yProbe <= back_probe_bed_position; yProbe += yGridSpacing) {
            int xProbe, xInc;

if (zig)
              xProbe = left_probe_bed_position, xInc = xGridSpacing;
            else
              xProbe = right_probe_bed_position, xInc = -xGridSpacing;

// If topo_flag is set then don't zig-zag. Just scan in one direction.
            // This gets the probe points in more readable order.
            if (!topo_flag) zig = !zig;

for (int xCount = 0; xCount < auto_bed_leveling_grid_points; xCount++) {
              // raise extruder
              float measured_z,
                    z_before = probePointCounter == 0 ? Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING : current_position[Z_AXIS] + Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS;
    I downloaded it and made the necessary changes in configuration.h but I get an error when I try to upload it.

Arduino: 1.6.1 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from Marlin.h:22:0, from BlinkM.cpp:5: Configuration.h:397:40: error: floating constant in preprocessor expression #define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 29.20 ^ Configuration.h:437:9: note: in expansion of macro 'X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER' #if X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER < 0 ^ Configuration.h:397:40: error: floating constant in preprocessor expression #define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 29.20 ^ Configuration.h:442:13: note: in expansion of macro 'X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER' #if ((X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER * AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS) >= (RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION - LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION)) ^ Configuration.h:398:41: error: floating constant in preprocessor expression #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -9.00 ^ Configuration.h:446:9: note: in expansion of macro 'Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER' #if Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER < 0 ^ Configuration.h:398:41: error: floating constant in preprocessor expression #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -9.00 ^ Configuration.h:451:13: note: in expansion of macro 'Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER' #if ((Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER * AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS) >= (BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION - FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION)) ^ Error compiling.

This report would have more information with

"Show verbose output during compilation"

enabled in File > Preferences.

This is a common error people make. You are not allowed to use floating point numbers in the C preprocessor. The lines you updated:

#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -9.00

should look like:

#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -9

No Floating Point numbers!!!!

This is a common error people make. You are not allowed to use floating point numbers in the C preprocessor. The lines you updated:

should look like:

#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -9

No Floating Point numbers!!!!

ohhhh

haha thanks

edit: That worked but why was -9.00 working on my previous version of Marlin? Also, how am I supposed to write the positions for Z and X?

After I flashed to the new version my LCD just has square blocks now, am I supposed to define which LCD I am using in one of the files?

Thanks.
    Last edited by TehStranger; 04-27-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Oh wait! I gave you bad advice. You can #define floating point numbers. You just can't use them in #if preprocessor blocks. And yes, you have to configure the type of LCD display you have in Configuration.h for it to be used.
    Last edited by Roxy; 04-27-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Oh wait! I gave you bad advice. You can #define floating point numbers. You just can't use them in #if preprocessor blocks. And yes, you have to configure the type of LCD display you have in Configuration.h for it to be used.
    Sorry for the late reply, been busy with work related crap :/

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are #define point numbers so it should work, right? They aren't in an #if block

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 29.20
    #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1.60

In the error output.... It was complaining about floating point numbers being used in an #if

#if ((Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER * AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS) >= (BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION - FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION))

In the error output.... It was complaining about floating point numbers being used in an #if

#if ((Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER * AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS) >= (BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION - FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION))
    Yeah that was fixed when I set the grid to 3 instead of 5 which is obviously a problem for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast