Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technologist

Autobed level servo twitches every 2 minutes. Video.

Hi there. I have a problem my servo keeps moving every 1 or 2 minutes nonestop. do anybody knows what could it be. I have switch the servo already and still the same thing. I have a video to show the problem

There is a problem where the servo can twitch. There are a couple of things that can be done about that. But the movement you have is much more than a twitch. I haven't seen that much movement before.

FWIW, I hesitate to post this as it makes no sense as to why it solved the same problem but here it is. I used the same microswitch you have as it is the recommended switch and had the same movement as you except it was downward instead of up. Mine moved down probably because with my servo I had to use 10 as the down position and 100 as up which is backward from what is generally used for some reason. I went through two of the recommended switches due to very unreliable bed leveling behavior, I had to watch it like a hawk. I finally used the z switch that came with the makerfarm ( the one with an arm ) and after many prints I have had perfect reliable auto bed leveling and no movement like yours (knock on wood) during the print. With the recommended switch I had to unplug the servo after bed leveling to stop the movement. No more! Like I said - FWIW.
    Last edited by cub22908; 04-21-2015 at 10:10 AM.

I've been waiting for this to come up here, had this problem last Summer. No one on any of the forums I frequent had a solution, several diagnosed it as RF interference, but none of their suggestions fixed it. I limped by for a month until it caused a particularly catastrophic print failure (ripped the probe off and almost started a fire). After weeks of Googling I still couldn't find any answers, but then I located this post. That is your answer, ABL has worked like a dream ever since. If it does work for you, be sure to thank jamesdanielv; that's the only real solution to this problem I've ever seen.

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    What worked for me: Getting rid of the towerpro servo and getting a better quality 9G servo, and rearranging the wires to be differently bundled together.

My servo has a little occasional twitch too, but my servo arm is shorter than yours so the twitch doesn't seem to great. I'll follow the post.

Technologist
    Am looking for a better servo. Can you link me to the one you bought if possible. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyCooks View Post
    What worked for me: Getting rid of the towerpro servo and getting a better quality 9G servo, and rearranging the wires to be differently bundled together.

You can use the Hitec Hs55 Servos, ...mine seem to be working excellent. here is link to amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Hitec-31055S-H...rds=hitec+hs55

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    Hexatronics HXT 900 here. looks the same as the towerpro but holds up much better. If buying again I would go for one with metal gears.

Technologist
    Bought it. Let's see if that helps. Hope it does. Also bought some red abs the one I got from makergeeks had too much bubbles. And I want to print the Itty bitty flex with no problem and good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    You can use the Hitec Hs55 Servos, ...mine seem to be working excellent. here is link to amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Hitec-31055S-H...rds=hitec+hs55

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast