Close

Prints are not in the center of the bed

Hi
    I am new to 3D printing have a problem and need some help.
    I have a 10” Prusa and it is printing well but, the problem I am having are the prints are not in the center of the bed. I have loaded Marlin_RAMPS_EPCOS_i3v10 firmare and checked

#define X_MAX_POS 250
    #define X_MIN_POS 0
    #define Y_MAX_POS 250
    #define Y_MIN_POS 0
    #define Z_MAX_POS 250
    #define Z_MIN_POS 0

Slice3r 1.2.6 and 1.1.7 bed size are set to X250 Y250 Point Center X125 Y125
    Ponterface 2014.08.01 width 250 Depth 250

When I print it centers at X125 Y225 my center should be X100 Y200

When I set Slice3r to X200 y200 it prints in the center.
    To me it looks like Marlin thinks this is a 8 inch bed and not 10.
    As a side note I did load Marlin for a 8 inch by mistake, could it be it is not over writing the 8” size.
    Is there a way of testing this or factory resting the board.
    Any advice appreciated

Student
    My i3v 10" does the same thing. I'm using Slic3r 1.1.7 with the same settings you mention. I was hoping someone would respond here so maybe I could find the answer to this problem as well. Have not tried resizing to 200,200 as you have but all my prints crowd the lower left half of the bed.

Banned
    Have you tried any other slicers?

The 2nd extruder on my i3v 10’’ is always off when I print with Simplify 3D, but works fine with Cura.
    Last edited by nexttoone45; 05-16-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    try sending M502 (revert to factory) and then M500 (store memory) to your RAMPS via the terminal in pronterface. Then reflash with your 250x250 firmware. check back if that doesn't take care of it.

Student
    Well I think I solved my problem. My "Home Position" is in the right rear corner of the 10" bed. However its 15mm from the back edge and 10mm from right edge of the bed. That means first I should have reduced my bed size to from 250 x 250 to 240 x 235 and then if I wanted to center the print in the middle of the heated bed I need to set my center in Slic3r to 115,110. I ran a test print with those changes and printed a drink coaster dead center to the heated bed.

Engineer
    If your home position isn't right on the corner, all you have to do is adjust your endstop switch positions to get it there.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    If your home position isn't right on the corner, all you have to do is adjust your endstop switch positions to get it there.
    Can't remember why I moved it in from the corner but it may have had something to do with hitting the clips holding the glass. But you're right if I want to make full use of the bed then I will have to do as you suggest.