Close

i3 Prusa Settings Suggestions for MatterControl

I FINALLY got my 3D printer to print something. ALL the hurdles to cross over the past week.

I tried to print a calibration cube but there's some problems clearly.
    I'm not sure exactly which direction I should move in terms of solving this.

I'm guessing firmware doesn't have anything to do with it? I guess all the settings could be changed in matterControl?
    In that case there's so many. I'm not sure which to change.

See Picture for what's happening.

So the big box is what the 3D printer first prints. It's an overly large sized square that has nothing to do with the actual dimensions of the calibration cube. I guess the smaller squares is the real size of the cube but the problem is, the slices aren't stacking. The displacement on the x-axis isn't very consistent either. There was a big x-axis displacement and some smaller ones.

I'm not sure how to approach this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

First problem to solve looks like your z-axis is not actually going up. Is this something you observed when you tried the print? There could be several reasons why this is the case, from the Z axis moving too fast, to v-ref on the stepper motors not being high enough, to incorrect z-axis steps per mm. First thing to do is to try the print again and observe what happens. If the Z axis isn't moving, then you can go from there.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Actually the firmware could have something to do with it, Did you configure your own firmware.
    What 3D Printer are you configuring your firmware.
    An what values did you use on this line #define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE if the Z feed rate is too large it will not step.