Close

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Technician
    Yeah. Just checked the drivers and they were almost 0.5V (thought I checked them when I first built the machine, but maybe only the axis motors and Colin says 0.39-0.5 for the NEMA17 so they would have been top of the spec for those motors anyway). Adjusted to 0.32V which if I understand correctly should be ~0.8A. Will kick off a print when I get home from work to check. Thanks for the reminder that these smaller motors may need different settings.

what would cause this to print like this?...the skirt in printed for both objects..but the second objects get printed outside of the skirt.. printing with S3d.

dual.jpg

Technician
    voodo28, I haven't used s3d but am still stupid enough to talk out of my ass anyway. Found this (https://www.simplify3d.com/support/t...ple-extruders/) article on their site. Two thing I noticed: I don't see an extruder offset anywhere in their screenshots. It may be expecting the firmware to handle the fact that the nozzles are located in two different locations. Second, the skirt makes it look like the files didn't import correctly. Are you using the separate stls files instead of the amf? If so did you center the models as described in the "import and arrange" section?

yes both files are separate stls ..I have not messed with the offset in the software yet....since i was still calibrating from the steps on C42's site.

here is what it looks like on S3D..

screen.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jasay View Post
    voodo28, I haven't used s3d but am still stupid enough to talk out of my ass anyway. Found this (https://www.simplify3d.com/support/t...ple-extruders/) article on their site. Two thing I noticed: I don't see an extruder offset anywhere in their screenshots. It may be expecting the firmware to handle the fact that the nozzles are located in two different locations. Second, the skirt makes it look like the files didn't import correctly. Are you using the separate stls files instead of the amf? If so did you center the models as described in the "import and arrange" section?
    Last edited by voodoo28; 04-13-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Technician
    Well, I guess the output looks about right then (assuming that both nozzles have blue filament).

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    yes both files are separate stls ..I have not messed with the offset in the software yet....since i was still calibrating from the steps on C42's site.

here is what it looks like on S3D..

screen.jpg

shift + click center and arrange

Technician
    So after turning down the drivers the motors were basically room temp the entire 2 hours. DSC_6360-1-M.jpg
    There was actually some skipping of the extruder motors only during infill. My infill speed (60mm/s) is not terribly faster than perimeters (50mm/s). May have to bump the current back up a bit (0.9A maybe). Thanks for all the help so far Clough42!

So after turning down the drivers the motors were basically room temp the entire 2 hours. DSC_6360-1-M.jpg
    There was actually some skipping of the extruder motors only during infill. My infill speed (60mm/s) is not terribly faster than perimeters (50mm/s). May have to bump the current back up a bit (0.9A maybe). Thanks for all the help so far Clough42!
    Which hot end and nozzle size are you using? I routinely infill at 100mm/s with ABS, .4mm hexagons at 250C. My motors current is at .8A.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    what would cause this to print like this?...the skirt in printed for both objects..but the second objects get printed outside of the skirt.. printing with S3d.

dual.jpg
    I am using Slic3r, and it manages the extruder offset. It is also possible to manage the offset in firmware, but it's a little more cumbersome to adjust, so I just do it in the slicer.

Even when you get the offset fixed, it looks like you're trying to print the two objects side-by-side. What you want is to print a multi-material object. The STLs have to be combined into a single multi-material object. If you superimpose them, using the same coordinate system, one will print inside the other.

In Slic3r, there's an option under the file menu to combine into a multi-material file. I have included the combined files in the AMF directory. If S3D can't use the .amf.xml file, you'll need to figure out how to do this with S3D.

Yeah...this seems to be the solution.

As for the offsets, there's a thread here showing how to do it with start GCODE:

http://www.forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=669

I have never messed around with firmware offsets.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast